Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Srice posted:

Way back in my undergrad years I took a lit class and holy crap it was so much better than any of my lit classes in high school.

Not that I minded those but dang if they don't make people think that non-genre books are supposed to be incomprehensible without a lot of studying.

Yeah. I always enjoyed things like Victor Hugo's stuff, but taking some undergrad lit classes can be really fun especially when compared with the high school equivalent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Chill bro, we just be hangin', talkin' books and poo poo in here.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

What's everyone's thoughts on Beowulf? I personally enjoyed it in the various classes that had me read it, and think a lot of goons would too.

Part of me wants to learn Old English just to read it in that. The other part of me is sane.