Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Read some real literature says the guy with the anime avatar.

OK, Mr. Anime Dude, I will. Oh wait I already do. OK, bye!

Damo fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jun 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
OK, I will!

Has anyone read that annotated version Lolita? Would you recommend it for someone who hasn't read it before, or is it better for someone already familiar with the novel?

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
Yeah, makes sense. I wonder though if the annotations are written in such a way that I can just ignore them the first time through. I should just crack it open at the store the next chance I get and check it out.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
Wait, that can't be serious. 3 L. Ron Hubbard and 4 Ayn Rand books in the reader's Top 10? It must have been an online vote bombed by conservative scientologists. Or at least, conservatives with really piss poor taste in sci-fi novels. That's loving incredible.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
Not so much that, but just how awful the selections are. I'd expect them to be awful, but not that bad. Other lists aren't nearly so stacked with poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock

Earwicker posted:

eh I've seen "Readers polls" where 7 out of the top 10 best books ever were the harry potter books and the other 3 were twilight books. they are often stacked with poo poo just in different directions

At the risk of derailing this thread too much further with list chat I will just say that the Harry Potter books being on that list would honestly be a bit of an improvement over the Hubbard or Rand poo poo and leave it at that. It's obviously a bullshit list anyway that was vote bombed so it doesn't even bear discussion I guess.

Damo fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Nov 26, 2014