Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Sab0921 posted:

The Rangers have an air conditioned stadium now.

It looks like a BBQ grill and was designed to be one of the neo-urban ballparks except it's in an Arlington parking lot.

And it's terrible for concerts, unless you want to hear three concerts at once, slightly off in timing from each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Dameius posted:

What the gently caress is with that lighting.

Boris Johnson looks like spoiled meat

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Charlz Guybon posted:

Nah. It's gonna happen by the end of the decade.

Look at the freaking power of Obama!

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

My favorite sheriff! And her mere existence makes my boss crazy

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Shifty Pony posted:

Chipotle decided that sodium citrate wasn't "natural" enough so they basically tried to make queso without any emulsifier. The result is an oily gritty texture which makes it a complete waste of cheese.

They changed that a while ago.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

I've said it many times before, but one thing I appreciate about Oklahoma over Texas is that Oklahomans are never taught to be proud of our history. It's mostly a lot of "we did a lot of bad poo poo to Native Americans, then we starved in the dust bowl" in schools. Texas puts a ridiculous positive spin on all its bad history.

Yeah, I didn't know the Texas Revolution was a land grab based on slavery until college. I really believed that Texas' founders were fighting back against tyranny. I hope it's gotten better, that was 35 years ago.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
I like how Reddit figures out every few years that Texas has beer barns. They're always so shocked.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

jokes posted:

Yet another cool thing to happen at the prestigious Texas A&M University

Hey, man, they reject 1/3 of all the red necks who apply.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Then what is the point of the barrier?

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
Any rural area in Texas is terrible because it is filled with Trump worshippers.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

i say swears online posted:

this is why i like dairy queen more than whataburger

Dairy Queen is the most Texas of fast food chains. It has a completely different menu than the national chain, it's own mascots and they serve THE BEST fast food tacos. Talk up your Bueno (which is fine) or your Bell (great if you quit thinking it's Mexican food), but DQ tacos are perfect.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Jon posted:

The role of Rep. Ronny Jackson is portrayed by Danny McBride

Oh my God. I just got done watching basically everything he's ever made. I want to see him play a state official. It would have to be in the South East, though

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

I 100% Believe these alerts kill more people than they save. There is always a traffic pile up whenever they run one of these things and people slow down to read the sign. The longer it is, the slower they go.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
Most amber alerts are custody cases which are not great, but aren't the same thing as a stranger kidnapping a kid.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
Reading the news on it, the woman threatening people is an unemployed alcoholic who has done this repeatedly. Hopefully this gets her the prison time she needs

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
I hate it so much, one time I went to Dallas and never came back.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1694403816920137880

This looks so stupid, this is what's going to bankrupt him

It looks like the front seat is a Kouchtown couch

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

He's a moron. I'm using the scientific meaning

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
I found the cold and the lack of power kind of interesting. I just snuggled up in a sleeping bag and stayed there for 3 days. I did get up to eat and stuff, but I bet I slept 16-18 hours a day. Once I realized my pipes weren't going to burst it was peaceful.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Jake Gittes posted:

i'm willing to bet that's what you do every day anyway

It's like 107 here right now

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
I just want my dad to apologize for voting for the pecker head TWICE even though he laughed and said he knew he was a liar and a crook.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
I want it legalized so hard I can buy it at 7-11. I realize that's a long time from now.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
Is Mesquite not a Dallas suburb? I feel like you guys mean the northern suburbs. We're just middle class schlubs here.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

Is Beckley the one who’s an rear end in a top hat

Narrow it down, please

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
Brahms milk is the best. My ex-wife is an EPA lawyer and she said her walkthrough of their diary cows was the cleanest she's ever seen.The burgers are good enough. The ice cream is very good

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
She's good in her field, but we both had lawyers and this is Texas. Whack! Right in half

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Sorry the judge cut your dick in half, which is what I assume this means.

No, she got her dick cut in half

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
610 is not an interstate. It's a spur.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

It literally says interstate on the signs.

Spur probably wasn't the best word. Branch is better. 3 digit interstate roads are all branches off of actual interstates and paid for with federal money. Notice that 610 has "10" in it and branches off of 10? Same thing with 635 and 35. There is actually another 635 in Kansas City.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
Now, someone explain how 35E and 35W fit in this thing. I would think 35W should be like 235 or something. My completely made up guess is that Fort Worth just has to have everything that Dallas has so some Senator got them an I35

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
Weak sauce.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
Secession of a state in the US can't happen right now. The southern non-slave population was very much behind secession. It's easy to secede if everyone wants it. If Texas seceded right now, you're going to have most of the population against it. Even in a state like Mississippi uvet you couldn't get 50%.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
Don't even joke. That's a serious crime in Florida

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
Beans vs no is the stupidest culture war.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
I don't consider myself stupid for eating chili both ways. I'm not sure what my intelligence has to do with it. I'm sad that some people limit themselves due to cultural biases. There is a whole world of food out there to explore.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
Dude, I've lived in Texas for over 50 years. I have literally had people get mad at chili with beans. We had to end the work chili cook off over that poo poo. People will try to find any reason to divide themselves, do we have to continue it?

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
State pride, especially pride in a state that forces women to leave the state for health care, that sets up booby traps for refugees, and answers gun violence against children with thoughts and prayers seems weird, but sure, No beans in ma chili!

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
Dear God no. There is a reason that poo poo is regional

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
I was so sad the first time I tried Cincinnati chili. All of it looked so good, but tasted bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
I'd say move to Dallas, but people here hate Dallas, so I won't.

That being said, Mesquite is pretty affordable and easy to reach downtown Dallas. We've got a bunch of immigrants, so many good bakeries, butcher shops, restaurants. The politics in the town are all Democrat. The remaining angry old white people are dying or moving further east (note, I'm old and white, but staying). There are 4 supermarkets near me. It's a great place to drive a scooter!