Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Strickland seems like a turd, exactly the same kind of turd I was 10 years ago on the internet. I'm not running for office though. Any way to get this blasted out there to his constituency?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

Turns out the Tea Party doesn't think there's anything wrong with racism or sexism or rape jokes. Huh, who knew.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Someone want to take a stab at breaking down these propositions? (http://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/article58645558.html)

Republican Primary:

Texas should replace the property tax system with an alternative other than an income tax and require voter approval to increase the overall tax burden.

Texas cities and counties should be required to comply with federal immigration laws or be penalized by loss of state funds.

Texas should prohibit governmental entities from collecting dues for labor unions through deductions from the public employee paychecks.

Texas and its citizens should strongly assert 10th Amendment Rights guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution which states “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”

Democratic Primary:

Should the Texas Legislature and the United States Congress pass an economic security and prosperity plan for families that includes higher incomes by raising the state minimum wage to a livable wage, passing the Paycheck Fairness Act to ensure equal pay for equal work, guaranteeing paid family leave to care for a child or ill loved one, fully funding public neighborhood schools, and making a debt-free community college education a reality for hardworking students?

Should the Texas Legislature and the United States Congress pass criminal justice reform legislation that ensures equal justice throughout our society without respect to race, socioeconomic status, geographic location, or other factors unrelated to behavior , ensuring as well common sense policies to protect the rights of law enforcement officers, the community, and defendants in the criminal justice system?

Should the Texas Legislature and the United States Congress encourage the transition to renewable, non-polluting energy as a means to slow down climate change and its impact on the planet?

Should the United States Congress pass the new Voting Rights Advancement Act to protect all American voters?

Should the Texas Legislature allow each public institution of higher education (not only private universities) to opt out of the ability to carry guns on campus?

Should the United States Congress pass a just and fair comprehensive immigration reform solution that includes an earned path to citizenship for law-abiding immigrants and their children, keeps families together, protects DREAMers, and provides workforce solutions for businesses?

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
What's the best resource to see who is on the ballot in my district and finding their policy positions?

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Texas Politics: Something Offal

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Damage? I'm pretty sure that Republicans are going to eat up his rhetoric like it's Franklin BBQ. Just check out the shitheel in District 92 that the thread was talking about earlier.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
I got in an environmental argument today and was presented with a novel point: coal, oil, and gas may be harmful to the environment but their exploitation has led to more good for the human race than harm.

I mean, I don't disagree really, but fossil fuels are just so lovely. I wish I had alternatives and didn't live in a suburban wasteland. God I love the texags politics board!

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
It's a civil trial right now.

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/04/11/sec-charges-paxton-securities-fraud/

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

Hawkline posted:

I reckon that Sid Miller is more of an embarassment. He causes much more self-harm through having a big mouth and idiots running his social media - and pretends there's nothing wrong with it. Other than that, I don't actually know if he's doing an acceptable job (though I vaguely recall something about returning fried food to school lunches).

Oh boy glad I looked at his Facebook page just now.

gently caress you, Texas voters.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

blue squares posted:

I'm not sure what's wrong with either of Sid Miller's facebook posts there...

Nothing wrong with Sid's posts, it's the comments on the posts, hence:

The Mandingo posted:

gently caress you, Texas voters.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

gently caress Uber and gently caress all of these people who bought their lies

And the top comment on that Reddit post is straight from Garza's Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/deliagarzadistrict2/posts/481472532050586

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

Pay no attention to the pending corruption charges of state elected officials, worry about where people make peepee and poopoo.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

That's just East Texas being East Texas.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

someone please photoshop it to say come and take a poo poo

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Any word on what specifically Mary Lou Bruner said to lose support from the tea party group that was backing her campaign? It had to be something really over the top since they didn't seem to mind all the other nonsense conspiracy theory crap she was putting on Facebook.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

Ohtsam posted:

I think the only reason Ken Starr was demoted and not fired is because they still have to go through tenure procedures.

According to SPORTS TALK RADIO MANS, the Pepper report says that Starr had no knowledge of the depth of the problem until fall 2015 because the Football coaching staff didn't report what the knew to anyone outside their staff's hierarchy, which is presumably why he's getting demoted instead of fired. If he was complicit, he should be in jail, but since he was only incompetent he's getting demoted to Chancellor.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
There's the suburbs and also the gentrification of oak cliff thriving bishop arts neighborhood!

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

blackguy32 posted:

Also, putting beans in chili is a capital offense.

This is stupid. You put whatever the gently caress your want in chili because we're Texans, by God, and we do what we want.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Beans are a good cheap source of protein and chili is inherently a peasant food so shut the hell up with your wrong opinion and just make it however makes you feel good maaaaaan.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
I see how the yokels from rural Texas could confuse the big city of Dallas with NYC, but I'm actually a Texan by birth.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Let's stop making declarations about what can or can't or must be in chili and agree that anything except Cincinnati chili is good.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Saw a bunch of posts and thought it was crosstalk about Ken Starr blowing it in an interview, as posted by zoux in the USPOL thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3778459&perpage=40&pagenumber=26#post460627278

Turns out it was just taco talk. El Come Taco on Fitzhugh is a pretty good taqueria.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Ray Washburne, owner of M Crowd Restaurant Group, is a member of the Trump Victory Committee.

M Crowd has Taco Diner and Mi Cocina as part of their brand.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/election/article83034742.html

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
It was my understanding that some of the Baylor coaches met with victims and discouraged them from reporting the assaults.

Yeah, Briles was a real scapegoat for allowing that kind of behavior to happen not just in his program, but from his staff. Get hosed, Art.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Dallas mayor Rawlings is live on the ticket right now. 1310 am 96.7 fm.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Longhorns still suck.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Whataburger in College Station has maroon stripes. Gig 'em.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Been there once. There was a subway in the Walmart. Maybe that's it?

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
287 and I44. Stopped there on the drive from Dallas to Palo Duro last fall.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Is he drunk AF, or just googly eyed o_O

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

MariusLecter posted:

I was referring to Absolut Texas Edition, a Serrano and Cucumber flavor that reviews say is dreadful. :v:

It is terrible, until you put it in jarritos grapefruit with crushed ice.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Because of course Ken Paxton would have a hand in this.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/headlines/20160809-professors-who-ban-guns-in-their-classrooms-will-be-punished-ut-lawyer-says.ece

some dumbass posted:

Faculty members are aware that state law provides that guns can be carried on campus, and that the president has not made a rule excluding them from classrooms [...] as a result, any individual professor who attempts to establish such prohibition is subject to discipline.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
:drat:

Maybe I should have been a longhorn instead of an aggie, that's a Macho Man style Super Slam.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Sounds like 1990s Austin was 2000s College Station, but with the state capital.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

zoux posted:

Houston is Texas' baseball team, get hosed First Place Texas Rangers.

Fixed that for ya.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
zoux I think maybe we could be friends.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

zoux posted:

I'm an adult I don't wear a back pack.

I'm standing by the you and I should be friends thing... You're perfect, even if you're a wronghorn.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
That dude is nuts. Open carry advocate, can't legally get a CC license.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Nope, never look at anything from Rob Morrow.

Here's a palate cleanser. http://m.mlb.com/video/v1091416883/texcin-darvish-jacks-his-first-career-home-run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Maybe the pollsters are trying to scare the old republicans to death so they can't vote: a self fulfilling prophecy.