Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
Austin goon here. I've lived in Texas my whole life, but I've always had a hard time caring about Texas politics because it all seems so helpless. And, as a gay dude, reading anything on Texas politics for too long makes my blood boil.

That said, Wendy Davis has caused me to care again. I really want to do whatever I can to help out the campaign. She really gives me hope for a purple Texas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
If you're interested, this crazy right-wing broadcast is doing a live stream with people who are at the mock mass shooting by UT. The level of paranoia with these people is insane - "I'm seeing a lot of people sitting around and texting. They might be monitoring us. I'm going to try to approach them cautiously". That sorta thing.

On the positive side, a mass farting counter-protest scheduled for the same time has more confirmed attendees than the original event.

EDIT: and of course, there's lots of false-flag, Sandy Hook trutherism poo poo, too.

discoukulele fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Dec 12, 2015