Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
What are the cases gonna do, rise again? -man who's cases rose again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Its going to be ten years from now, when somebody exhaustively goes through all the data and writes a book about the pandemic, before we find out the actual death toll.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Blotto_Otter posted:

(e: Oklahoma was the lamest of the 16, I've seen all of I-40 from Flagstaff to Raleigh and that stretch through Oklahoma is just the most bland, unremarkable bit of interstate highway.)

radical meme posted:

I know that in Oklahoma, cloverleaf exchanges are ridiculously small and absolutely prevent the safe and efficient merging of traffic between highways.

wow oklahoma sucks how bizarre and unexpected

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Sab0921 posted:

To get back to beverage chat - I think we have reached the end of the line and the perfect cocktail has been created.

https://twitter.com/MountainDew/status/1305853912575029250

I guess the good news is that 2020 has hit rock bottom.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Every time I see the thread title I want to read it as "vat-grown Briscoe", and I think "Yeah, he probably was."

Deeply offensive to claim that God's Perfect Special Boy is a product of dark science.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
This article is a longer breakdown of the loving nightmare that Fort Hood is.

quote:

Over the last five years, more soldiers stationed at Fort Hood have been murdered on and off the base than killed in battle.

Literally more dangerous to go to Hood than Afghanistan.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I will believe in a Dem House in the same way I believe in Austin light rail or a trustworthy Oklahoman: when I see it.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

zoux posted:

For my friends from the valley and elsewhere on the border: what happened there huh?

A mystery for the ages.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Already notified my job that I might not be coming in tomorrow. Part of the fun for me is that both of the exits to my complex are sloped.

Hopefully enough people call in that we can roll the phones to our co-workers in Beaumont as payback for all the times they make us take their calls cause of some bitch-rear end hurricanes.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

"Please conserve the power you don't have and are going to have a desperate, massive need for if we do turn your heating back on."

People are going to freeze to death in their homes tonight.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Austin Energy and city government just had a press conference that boiled down to "There s nothing we can do at this point and it's going to get worse before it gets better."

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Been out of power since Monday in Austin and had it turned back on about thirty minutes ago. Worth checking if you're in your car charging right now.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

imagine being such a piece of poo poo that not even other rich WASPs want to run coverage for you jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Bastrop is a bedroom community for Austin, it is not a wide spot in the road where the only place to hang out is a gas station.