Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I'm glad theres at least a central market near my school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
whichever tortilla crispitos have is the correct tortilla

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
make a cyclotron

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
oh my god, how is it possible for two faces to be that punchable?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I love you, Dallas <3

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Blood and Honey dominance

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Wulfolme posted:

It sure has been raining a lot.

I like it :shobon: I've always found rain and low-key thunderstorms soothing, like I got last night in north austin. I feel like I'd do well in the PNW.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

That is a tragedy, but it has nothing to do with my enjoyment of weather.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

zoux posted:

You north Austin people are all monsters.

We've always been monsters :unsmigghh:

I literally just moved here...

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

ReidRansom posted:

From California probably :argh:

Worse. Dallas :(

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
kidney or pinto beans in chili is drat delicious

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

zoux posted:

Alright back to New York City with both of you.

I happen to be a native Texan thank-you-very-much :colbert: Beans (undrained) + Rotel (undrained) + Tomato Sauce + Onion + Meat + Spices = Yummy Chili

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Holy poo poo, why are the districts fellating those standards?!

WTF posted:

A Dallas ISD spokeswoman defended that district's low percentage by noting it "falls within the Texas state acceptable range of 0%-8.5%."

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Doesn't mean they can't professionally voice their disapproval while still following those rules.

Like, "We are obligated to follow those standards as a district, though we don't agree with them"

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Sep 13, 2016

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Back Hack posted:

I just call it Fort Dallas.

Plain Ol' Fort Dallas

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I'll y'all vote for me I'll cook you four hot dogs on the edge of a cliff

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I promise you, I will get Smashmouth to finally- Finally!- eat those eggs!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Why would a large size of owned land (due to being in gently caress-all nowhere, I'm sure) correlate with specifically 1 in 10 to 3 people knowing?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Ah, ok. But still, that would give a floor of (65k/.66 - #texans - #intl)*#family members*#friends, which I'm sure isn't 33M to 100M.

And a more accurate figure integrating across its history, taking deaths into account... too much effort.

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 8, 2016

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Apparently Abbott is trying his damndest to get a constitutional convention rolling... Why are there so many lovely people in power? :sigh:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

duz posted:

Because people that want to make the world better don't think to go into government.

Ugh, I need to develop superpowers and bring the entire world under my thumb. It will be a much better place

for me

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Holy gerrymandering batman! That 21st district is amazing... Most of its area is rural stuff but there are little thin snakes going into south Austin and northern San Antonio. How much should I bet that those little snakes give juuuuust enough dem. population to be a little bit less than 50% of the total pop?

Also, how the heck do they justify the 25th district serving everything from downtown austinish areas allllll the way up to just south of ft worth? :psyduck:

Good loving lord my district serves a thin strip of north austin and pflugerville allll the way up including waco, college station and loving fairfield

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 6, 2017

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Supreme court justice ted cruz writing the majority opinion says only losers dont gerrymander for the right

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Yep, but on the other hand incidentally loving over cities is not cool. I really hope that is on something that never would get passed in the first place

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
yeah, but not everyone did. If there only was a way to target stuff only for people who explicitly voted for htings...

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Badger of Basra posted:

I don't think you can ban republicans from using the roads

smart cars :getin:

*doo doo dooooo* "I'm sorry, I see youre a fuckwit voter. As such your car is not allowed to proceed onto this TXDoT roadway. You always have the option to take public transportation. Good Day."

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
shops at legacy is the domain

addison is this weird amalgam of urban downtown and suburban sprawl-- there are some high rises, concentrated around the highways, but there are also strip malls with humongous parking lots with not that big a nightlife

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 06:05 on May 14, 2017

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
good loving lord american ''kay, so'' is disgusting enough as it is, but over a motherfucking salad?!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
If you want queso, just get queso fresco/blanco and heat it up :colbert:

That stuffs infinitely more delicious than whatever that yellow lake number 6 polyethelyne stuff is

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
fucckkkkkkk if my grandmother hadn't died she would've probably been one of those

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

ReidRansom posted:

:stonk:

Flamethrower. It's the only solution. Or maybe some sort of surfactant sprayer so they all sink and die. Something. That's a whole lotta bad news and it needs to be dealt with.

Yeah, my instinctual reaction to that pic was to try my damndest to find some white phosphorus

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Badger of Basra posted:

Texas Tribune did a really good article about it last year as well: https://www.texastribune.org/boomtown-floodtown/

i like how it talks about how loving devastating a hurricane-led flood would be to the houston area. Theres no way thats not time travel at work-- I bet theres some sort of super explosion in the mix that will crack the earth itself and, in a desperate bid to stop it, people were sent back in time to propublica to write a long form article to warn against the dangers of unchecked development on flood plains :v:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Chili can still be good with beans. I like to put beans in it because its boring without it. I was born in childrens medical center :colbert:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
dallas is soulless

i say that as a born citizen who lived almost all her life here

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Austin is the most amazingly wonderful place to live, so hip, so fun

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
dallas-- plano? or southlake? usrely they are gerrymandered apart

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Stop, i can only get so aroused.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
So is the successful ballot initiative for prop 4 as bad as i think it is? Giving the state 45 days to murder as many gay people as possible* or bomb as many abortion clinics as possible* before ti can be ruled unconsitutional seems really loving horrible to me, yet I don't see any scuttlebutt about it.

*yes, these are exaggerations

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I'm shocked at how many beto signs I'm seeing in the upper middle class city of coppell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I'm pretty sure Texas has more 'Silicon' in Austin alone than the entirety of California.