Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Isn't there some strategy of releasing news of a scandal on friday so people care less about it? I think it's working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Van de putte may win on the issues, but man is it a beating listening to her try to enunciate every single syllable.

e: sounding a lot better at the conclusion

Setset fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 30, 2014

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Wendy Davis really nailing Abbott hard on his '4-year olds need standardized tests.' Greg's rebuttal: i encourage you to go to gregabbott.com and look at my education plan.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Sardonik posted:

E: Holy poo poo, Wendy is bring the heat. Though she's going over.

She isn't pulling any punches, that's for sure. Abbott is rolling with them pretty well by just ignoring them, though.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if Davis had run for Lt. Governor, would she have had a better shot. VDP doesn't seem like a very strong candidate at all.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Wendy, Wendy, Wendy...

I do agree that Abbott is a huge hypocrite with respect to disabled rights (uh and, everything else) but even I know you don't say that poo poo in a campaign. Kill the idiot in charge of that call. Never give your opponent the chance to take the noble, moral high ground.

I see more anti-wendy commercials than I do anti-abbott. The hypocrisy and fact-spinning that goes on in politics and news in general is a pretty big letdown of our society.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

VitalSigns posted:

That's true. And I appreciate it.

Incidentally I wonder, if Literally Hitler got the GOP nomination, by how many votes would he win Texas because :airquote:moderate:airquote: Republicans went "Well I won't vote for Hitler but I sure as hell won't vote for no Demmycrat! :freep:"

While I respect your thoughts, :godwin: tells me that you just lost the argument

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Dante Logos posted:

I am actually quite curious to see how much does it take to push a straight ticket Republican away from a candidate. How nutty do they have to be in order for someone to go "I know I am a true conservative all the way, but Jesus Christ, this guy is messed up!" I mean, Texas Democrats are Republicans elsewhere so it won't be that much of a stretch to hold their nose and vote for a Democrat. But does the candidate have to be a baby eating rapist to lose support?

I don't know if any of these would cause a R. to lose votes, though.

1. Discrimination against one/several cultures that arent there own. How long until a Republican wants to deny citizenship to any Muslim/Hispanics?
2. Anti-capitalism. Clearly libertarians fall into this category but it seems like republicans are very much supportive of it, for better and worse.
2b. Do they actively try to dismantle capitalists companies that do not support their goals?

e: ^ I thought Godwin also caused whoever brought up Hitler to automatically lose. Maybe that's something else

ee: "there is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever debate was in progress" from the wiki

Setset fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Oct 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

VitalSigns posted:

From the number of times Greg Abbott's ads bring up his weelchair, you'd think it was the actual candidate.

But don't point out that he fights tooth and nail against Texas paying to put in a single wheelchair ramps in public buildings besides Abbott's office because how dare you make a man's disability into a campaign issue?

I can't wait til people starting making the obvious FDR comparisons, not because of his policies.