Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

zoux posted:

Here you go junior. The state convention is next week so they'll have their official platform out then. I don't expect it will differ greatly from the 2012 platform.

Why does that seem to talk about/to Austin specifically? Is "txdemocrats" just an Austin-specific group commenting on wider Texas politics issues to a local audience?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Oh, I think I get it, hah. When they say Austin, they specifically mean the state government, don't they? Like when people talk about "DC" or "Washington" on the national level, they are really referring to the feds, not the city.

I'm not from a state that does that, I'm just following along, so it was kind of confusing to see things like "restore trust between taxpayers and elected officials in Austin".

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jun 18, 2014

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Voter suppression does not explain the surprising increase in Republican turnout