Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
I got a question for the people in Battleground Texas from someone who has never worked in a political thing before:

How flexible are the schedules for volunteers? This fall I'll have about 6 hours a day I could do something in while the kid is at school and volunteering for BT is one of the things I'm considering doing. How possible would that be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

I got out and voted, y'all.

The first polling place I went to, the closest, is always a terrible mess with about 24 parking spaces total, many of which are taken by the poll workers. I finally gave up and drove up the road to the county annex and was in and out in fifteen minutes.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

He already deleted it, but ladies and gentlemen, your 12th Commissioner of Agriculture!

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

Just saw a handful of guys with Latinos for Trump signs mooking like crazy for the cars outside Monument City Mall, North Houston. Good luck with that, guys!

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

Houston has tons of great grocery stores, especially some really nice Korean and Japanese ones.

Austin still can't get over having a large Whole Foods that you can spot Alex Jones in.

Point: Houston.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

They're all mandatory six hours in length as I recall, so definitely pick an online one instead of an in-person one so you can make a sandwich while you wait for the timer to tick down in each section. Also I've been told that if you pick one of the "comedy" themed ones you will seriously regret it.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

I'm an awful person with an awful palate who likes Kura for Houston-area conveyor belt sushi. Plus my kid gets mini Lego and doesn't whine which makes the sushi taste better somehow.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

The "A" clearly stands for "Alan Parsons".

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

When I moved here from Virginia I thought it was weird that Texas had Whataburgers too, having never seen them anywhere else.

But the Texas Whataburgers are all McDonalds-style trash while the one in Newport News, VA (same logo, same trade dressing) is a hole-in-the-wall where a grim old lady griddles up an actual good burger. What's up with that?

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

ReidRansom posted:

I just located that "What-A-Burger" on Google maps and are you trying to pick a fight or something?

No, just curious. I just looked it up again too and it looks like they changed the logo for the Virginia one since I moved, which makes me even more curious. Was it a rogue franchisee in a weird place?

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

Just a weird coincidence and me being dumb I guess. My wife remembers them looking the same too, so we'll be dumb together.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

Voted in Galveston Co. this morning at a satellite early voting location and the line was only like 6 deep when I arrived. No line at all as I left so maybe check other polling locations if you're at a place where the line wraps around the block.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

Your hard-hitting Texas news source!

http://imgur.com/a/UEf4mwS

Edit: gently caress it, i'm unable to attach images before coffee.

Merrill Grinch fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Feb 14, 2021

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

Centerpoint is sending out emails asking customers to set their thermostats to 60-65 until thursday. Yikes.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

There's been a decent supply in the League City area since the ice storm. All the CVS had it last week and there's been drive through vaccination events at Walter Hall park by appointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

Captain Monkey posted:

The thin fins on the outside (just inside the case) are very easy to bend and if you do the system will overheat very quickly. A strong hose or temporary leaning pressure can easily bend the fins.

Seems potentially time consuming considering just how many heat exchange fins can be in those things. I wonder what would happen if you mixed some of that insulating powder paint additive into some oil paint and just dumped it onto the inner fins?