Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I was willing to roll the dice on Blue Bell during the recall. That Dr. Pepper float flavor is really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Cojawfee posted:

How was your listeria?

No problems here. I guess I’m just built different.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

zoux posted:

Enormous Bald Man from Texas

That guy in the chair invented 8chan. And then another guy took control of 8chan and tried to have him killed.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Said usurper is probably Q of QAnon fame, last I heard.

He’s almost definitely Qanon now, but he’s almost definitely not the original QAnon.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Another win for fans of physical media :smug:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Waffle House posted:

No no, I'm not a Christian, this doesn't apply to me.

There’s gonna be another registry for that.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jiro posted:

By deadzones you mean Corpus itself? :wal:

The fuckers are going to not only try and raze section of the city they've always been trying to bulldoze, but not even try to get the waste out into deep enough water for it to possibly just dilute itself instead of their shallow as gently caress bay.

turning the entire Corpus Christi bay into a toxic stinking pit of rotting fish is going to be great for business.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Yeah if anything that's going to help him.

BTW, on this thread's recommendation I tried Cookie Two-Step, and y'all are nuts, it's noticeably worse than either cookies & cream or cookie dough on their own.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

IT BURNS posted:

There's nothing good in this state anymore. Nothing, nobody, nowhere.

You ever been to Christy’s Donuts on Montrose and West Grey?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

One lady who writes for Houston Landing has been dogging the lady in charge of Houston libraries for the better part of a year now. On Tuesday she puts out an article about how the old Montrose library was slated to be replaced two years ago, and now it’s just flat out falling apart and is frequently closed because something in the building broke. Yesterday the library announces they’re shutting down the Montrose location immediately. Totally out of nowhere, the staff working there found out it’s closing and they’re being reassigned to a nearby location. Today the mayor announced he fired the lady in charge of libraries.

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 29, 2024

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

If the Butt family took on a role in Texas similar to the role the Kim family plays in North Korea, the state would be immeasurably improved.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Ok so the Montrose library was supposed to be replaced 2 years ago, but construction hasn’t even begun on the new building. Despite the fact that the old building is falling apart and the elevator has been broken for months so the whole second floor is just inaccessible. Two weeks ago local news site Houston Landing does an article pointing all this out. The next day, HPL announces it’s just closing the current one permanently immediately. The next day, the mayor fires the head of HPL. Today the Montrose library reopens, still with the second floor completely inaccessible, and the mayor says he sees no reason that location should ever close even when the new one opens.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Also they’re doing a reopening party today and you can get a free HPL-branded cheeseboard if you stop by.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Proud Christian Mom posted:

the majority of this country is not only fine with Kent State they'd be more than happy to see another over this

The majority of Americans are not on board with Israel’s actions. It switched to a majority want at least a cease fire a few weeks ago, and the numbers have only gotten worse for Israel since. College students getting shot for protesting the genocide would not be a popular move.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Goddamn I want to be a professional agitator. How do you get in on that work?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

It really is amazing how quickly my opinion on firefighters has changed. Those greedy fucks are ruining the city!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I can’t wait for the first school to be closed due to cholera.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Firing all the maintenance workers is the real giveaway. When the air conditioners break, which they will, and don't get repaired for weeks, which they won't, those schools will get infested with black mold, at which point they can simply demolish the building and put up more townhouses.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Houston went from normal to hosed in half an hour.

My work is not only closed today, they told everyone to stay away because the streets downtown are covered in broken glass.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Dameius posted:

it went from cloudy overhead to it's now darker than 10 pm at about 6:15 and that's when I lost power. Still don't have it back.

And by like 7:30 it was bright and calm enough to go out and survey the damage. I’ve never seen a storm like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Dameius posted:

Same thing happened in Iowa last year only on a larger scale, too.

No, it’s bigger in Texas.