Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

PostNouveau posted:

:lmao: @ A&M

I wonder how much they're gonna have to pay the lady who talked poo poo about Dan Patrick.

TAMU released statements about both incidents. Apparently they didn't find anything wrong with what she said and her admin leave has been lifted.

https://www.tamus.edu/internal-review/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Holy poo poo those places all look dire as gently caress. The Woodlands might suck poo poo, but at least it requires keeping some of the trees on the lot. Those places are all clear cut lots with the "yard" consisting of the required easement between the fence and the house.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The fascists in state government seem hell bent on taking complete control over A&M, and they will probably try to use that to control other state schools. It's really annoying because I don't know if I met many conservatives at A&M, most people I met were surprisingly progressive, except for one girl who I think was just parroting what her parents told her.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Shooting Blanks posted:

It was still TAMU that immediately suspended the professor prior to the investigation. If nothing else, I would expect the administration of every other school to be taking notes on the backlash, and deciding how they'll react if something similar happens.

UT Medical Branch still hasn't revoked their censure of her.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Sardonik posted:

Wow here I would have thought they would have given him tenure for this.

Don't worry, Dan Patrick is currently working to get it done.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Just hearing about it has caused me to be born again.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You realize that the show based that on real muscle men who did feats of strength for the lord, right?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
All I ever got was the weirdo who promoted abstinence by saying he hosed a lot and then realized through Jesus that he needed to save himself for marriage to whatever woman he met at some point.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Lol I remember kids would try to get people to come to whatever church was around that was trying to be as big as Joel Osteens. They'd tell us that they had Xboxes and GameCubes and we should go check it out.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's really insane that Houston is allowed to just keep expanding forever. You didn't meet this specific criteria in the allotted time frame? Too bad. Now your San Antonio suburb is in Houston.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

No Safe Word posted:

oh look Jeffrey Toobin is back, maybe he can keep it in his pants this time

also I hate poo poo like this

Love to frame a fight between "eliminating public education" and "not doing that" as something that has a reasonable compromise where the truth lies somewhere in between.

Look, buddy. It's all about choice. Rich people will be able to choose what private school they want their kids to go to. And poor people will get to choose to not have their children be educated because they can't afford any of the private schools. Also, the parents go to jail because we didn't get rid of the truancy laws.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

George H.W. oval office posted:

Yo anyone else from The Woodlands?!?

Danny Amendola was a classmate of mine and he was dumb as poo poo.

I guess you're a couple years older than me, so I don't think I was ever at the same campus as him. I went to high school with Kyle Drabek.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

GenSpecific posted:

I once drove from friendswood, all the way to the woodlands with Mapquest pages printed out, to go play ssbm with guys that I didn’t know but had posted on some smash forums.

How bad did you/they smell

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I won't let anyone ever besmirch taco bell. Is it a fancy street taco? No. Is it really good and like two dollars? yes.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I've seen it a few times. Eagerly awaiting the ruling saying that fetuses only have rights if they are unwanted.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The part where he shows up is muted in the video, but he certainly looks really annoying. They already have the person on the stretcher and are moving them away before he's thrown to the ground, so I'm assuming he's just being a massive dick instead of just walking away when they tell him to gently caress off.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If you want a hot dog like that, you can go to Freddy's.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm pretty sure the jury can set whatever fanciful number they want for that. Wonder what she'll actually be awarded.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Jake Gittes posted:

meet ur future dean of the tamu college o' journalism & shooting emprorium

He already claimed he was going to TAMU despite not even being accepted. I wish this kid would just gently caress off.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That steeelersgalxsora sure is obssessed with that post.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I can't believe Joe Byron is weaponizing the woke FBI against that lady.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Basically, if you have a blue Ford Escape, or anything that looks similar, stay home or the cops will shoot you and declare victory.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Just take over SpaceX, it became what it is today through government funding anyway.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Having the entire grid collapse is the price we pay for uh, not being connected to the rest of the country's grid.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Jake Gittes posted:

being connected to the national grid is the only reason to move to The Woodlands

I had power back in the snowpocalypse within a day while the rest of the state was all without for like a week. I won't complain about entergy.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Just take stuff up to the register and when they say they can't check you out, just say "I guess that means it's free" and then walk out with everything.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I love when these dipshits fight amongst each other.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That's because wind, solar, and batteries are too woke and we need more oil and coal.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

Wait what did Perry get impeached for

He wasn't impeached, he was indicted.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

i say swears online posted:

mr abbott please take over the chronicle

This would be actually hilarious if the legislature decided it can just take over a newspaper it doesn't like. Ron DeeeSantis hasn't tried that yet.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Captain Monkey posted:

We pay Bitcoin miners an enormous fortune so that they stop mining, and have either blackouts or rolling brownouts to save the companies that control ERCOT slightly higher energy costs.

I think the miners now have their own private natural gas wells.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The Ken Paxton thing is hilarious because he got impeached by Republicans in Texas. Democrats hate him, and now other Republicans are sick of him. There's no one left to give a poo poo about his persecution sob story.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It was exploded

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Disney would be burned to the ground if they did that.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
San Antonio is the only city in Texas where I had a random person walk up and offer to help me figure something out when I was visibly confused. So I can see how it is friendly.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Skex posted:

Maybe he was worried the brewery would sue him if he implied an association. Cause I'm pretty Austin liberals drink a lot more Shiners than the average Bubba does.

99% of their donations are to Republicans.

https://www.goodsuniteus.com/brands/#/brand/shiner-beer

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Wilbur Swain posted:

It's so fun watching a senator brag about drinking alcohol like a freshman in high school.

His mom also lets him stay up all night.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The tape is how Elon achieves sub 10 micron accuracy on the panels.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The board of regents must be seething.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Gen Z is leftist as gently caress.