Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dracneir
Oct 11, 2009

HAHA I TOOK AWAY YOUR SPAESS MAREENE AVATAR FAGGOT :qq: SOME MORE

blatman posted:

What's a good FPS limiter so that mouse turning doesn't take six years?

Change it to 60 in eqw.ini :

code:
[Foreground]
Vsync=FALSE
MaxFPS=120
[Background]
Vsync=FALSE
MaxFPS=120
Update=TRUE
PriorityBoost=FALSE
Probably keep Background FPS high or autofollow will get messed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Brilliant, I'll try that out

Do we have a <what> yet?

edit: doesn't seem to have helped at all

blatman fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jan 2, 2015

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

FPS limiter for PC http://exkode.com/dxtory-downloads-en.html

let's make a <What>!

Dropping the link again: 1920 x 1080 EQW - http://www.takproject.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=777&p=3711#p3711

insulated staircase fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 2, 2015

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

blatman posted:

Brilliant, I'll try that out

Do we have a <what> yet?

edit: doesn't seem to have helped at all

Had the same problem and fixed it with Nvidia Inspector. Run it and force EQ to limit everything to 60fps and Vsync. If you have AMD, not sure what to tell you, much like every other problem that nails AMD users with no recourse :(

^^ EQclient.ini doesn't fix the FPS issue that causes all this bullshit, sadly

Dracneir
Oct 11, 2009

They worked for me. In the eqw launcher you have to uncheck 'fix ini' or it will erase your changes each launch. I am running the 1920x1080 fix and Hotkeynet and they work great. Just have a little server lag but otherwise has been solid so far.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Dracneir posted:

They worked for me. In the eqw launcher you have to uncheck 'fix ini' or it will erase your changes each launch. I am running the 1920x1080 fix and Hotkeynet and they work great. Just have a little server lag but otherwise has been solid so far.

I thought you were going out with the gf for the night :colbert:

I went back to Diablo after getting my chars set up because I can't zone without crashing for now

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Yah, rough night for disconnects and greyed out spell gems, and stuck looting corpses.

Pretty sure my machines are gtg once the server calms down.

Oh if anyone has archives, heres the link to the original thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3516757

I had to take a look at some old posts to make sure I had something correct.

Dracneir
Oct 11, 2009

I may have been posting from my phone :iiam:

How do you form a guild on this server? It's not like classic where you get 10 people in a chat room and wait for a GM I am guessing...

Let's try to get one started tomorrow sometime.

I made a Steam group a long time ago for EQ Mac. If anyone wants to join and we can try to coordinate in the chat room or something it's here:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/eqmacgoons

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I spoke with sketchy in-game last night. He's looking into how to set up <what>. It's gonna be the same
As Al'kabor was-all goons are officers and it's just a laid back guild for everyone to talk poo poo in/group up/whatever.

His two toons are sungura and sketchy...I think he's got one more.

Arakan
May 10, 2008

After some persuasion, Fluttershy finally opens up, and Twilight's more than happy to oblige in doing her best performance as a nice, obedient wolf-puppy.
Is there any way to get rid of the terrible UI that comes with the windows client from the rerolled thread? Loading the other ones doesn't do anything nor does adding more to the uifiles folder.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I'm using dxtory at someone else's suggestion.

edit: seconding for the fps limiter. I missed a bunch of posts somehow.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Don't forget to /join alliance or goonsquad

Don't forget to /autojoin :p

Not sure if I have the sock to lvl these days but hey what's the rush?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Herv posted:

Don't forget to /join alliance or goonsquad

Don't forget to /autojoin :p

Not sure if I have the sock to lvl these days but hey what's the rush?

I've been thinking the same thing. I tried three boxing for a bit, but gently caress doing that on a laptop. I think I'll focus on my shaman for a bit or maybe mess around with a beastlord. I'm in zero rush.

My only concern with this server is that basically everyone is 3-boxing at the moment. I hope it doesn't continue that way because it definitely takes away from the community when one person is maintaining his own group and leveling themselves. I can still find groups, but then I'm not talking to anyone anyways because the other guy in group is focused on his three toons. Though I do remember herv doing that and not having a problem keeping conversation going.

Server was still pretty good today as well. I'm very impressed with how smooth things are moving.

edit: of course since I said that, the server is down. Ah well, that's what beta is all about.

nwin fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jan 2, 2015

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Anyone want to group up? I have a level 5 Pally, Druid, & Chanter.

It's painfully slow at the moment.

Shoot "Budd" a tell.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

MrTheDevious posted:

Regen > stun immunity unless you're soloing :colbert:

Also I fought with ISBoxer a while and it just flat won't work. Giving that Dexpot thing a try before I try HotkeyNet. Even EQWindows won't work because the client's so old it doesn't even support hardware cursors :sigh: Also means there's no way to limit FPS to 60, so my mouselook sensitivity is hosed up vertically

Edit - I fixed the mouselook/FPS problem by changing the FPS limits to 60 in EQW.ini and forcing the frame limit in NvidiaInspector as well.

Edit2 - Zliz are you gonna fix your map program to grab the new log file/location or you want me to do it? I ugly-hacked mine to work
Hmm, what needs changing (apart from missing PoK and such)? You can change the EQ dir under the Settings & Help dialog.

Dracneir
Oct 11, 2009

RCarr posted:

Anyone want to group up? I have a level 5 Pally, Druid, & Chanter.

It's painfully slow at the moment.

Shoot "Budd" a tell.

I'll be able to group up with you in a couple of hours if you're still on. Like 730 or 8 PDT.

e: Had a great night in Befallen. Empty zone, fairly safe once you establish a good camp. Lots of pulls. We went from 5-10 in about 2 hours. There's room to go up to maybe 20 or 25 there and some nameds that provide a good chance at drops. Probably a better option than Upper Guk (overcamped), CB (social aggro range is bugged, crazy trains forever), or BB (same as CB). I have the key for tomorrow RCarr we can try to progress farther in.

Dracneir fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jan 3, 2015

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Pilsner posted:

Hmm, what needs changing (apart from missing PoK and such)? You can change the EQ dir under the Settings & Help dialog.

Logs don't go into a /Logs folder with this client, they're just dumped into the main EQ directory. It's just a quick 1 line change in your code to get it working on here, but then it won't work on P99 and I'm not really motivated enough to add in a setting for people to choose between them :downs:

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

MrTheDevious posted:

Logs don't go into a /Logs folder with this client, they're just dumped into the main EQ directory. It's just a quick 1 line change in your code to get it working on here, but then it won't work on P99 and I'm not really motivated enough to add in a setting for people to choose between them :downs:
Ah, I see. I plan on making the tool server-agnostic, and I've made a note to include a toggle between scanning for log files in the root EQ dir or in the \Logs dir.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Yeah I figured you'd make 'er all nice and pretty so I just made the ugly fix in the meantime :)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Me and goonlord grouped up in Befallen yesterday. Went from level 6-10 in probably half the time I spent getting from 1-5. I'd recommend it to anyone level 7+. The plague rat tails that drop there sell for almost 2pp each as well.

What's the highest level goon we have so far? And any news on <what>?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I was hangin out in that spiderling cave in field of bone last night. Got level 5 and two stacks of spiderling silk out of it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I checked that cave out and there wasn't a single spawn in it. Do you pull spiders from outside?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

RCarr posted:

I checked that cave out and there wasn't a single spawn in it. Do you pull spiders from outside?

You made the same mistake I did...there's two caves. The one I'm talking about is closer to cabilis zone line. It's still very close to the other one though.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

nwin posted:

You made the same mistake I did...there's two caves. The one I'm talking about is closer to cabilis zone line. It's still very close to the other one though.

Ahh ok, was wondering if the spawns were bugged or something but that makes more sense.

In other news, I've gone from level 6 to 13 at the entrance to Befallen. Great exp and good loot too. I can't wait till I get SoW and Breeze!

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Been coding my map project all day, I have the basics now with a profile-driven setup where you can easily switch between TAK and P1999 setups.

One question; can anyone tell me precisely which "bonus" pre-expansion zones will be included? I will include all Kunark maps, so that's Iksar covered, but what else? Plane of Knowledge, Shadeweaver's Thicket, and what about Shar Vahl?

Also, testing the waters with a Barbarian in Halas/Everfrost, I quickly discovered what I had feared: The zone names differ on P1999 and TAK. On P1999, it says "You have entered Everfrost", but on TAK it says "You have entered Everfrost Peaks". I will gamble and take all the zones name I have gathered from live EQ (http://www.zlizeq.com/Guides-Zone_Level_Chart) and assume they are the same on TAK.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I think I'll check out befallen tonight or tomorrow.

I'm doing a necro/shaman duo now, so we'll see how it goes.

Regarding the guild, I just gotta talk to one of the GM's when they are in-game and ask what the process is.

Dracneir
Oct 11, 2009

Parked in Befallen right now if anyone wants to join. I'm level 11. XP is faster with 6 people than 3 due to the group bonus :getin:

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Pilsner posted:

Been coding my map project all day, I have the basics now with a profile-driven setup where you can easily switch between TAK and P1999 setups.

One question; can anyone tell me precisely which "bonus" pre-expansion zones will be included? I will include all Kunark maps, so that's Iksar covered, but what else? Plane of Knowledge, Shadeweaver's Thicket, and what about Shar Vahl?

Also, testing the waters with a Barbarian in Halas/Everfrost, I quickly discovered what I had feared: The zone names differ on P1999 and TAK. On P1999, it says "You have entered Everfrost", but on TAK it says "You have entered Everfrost Peaks". I will gamble and take all the zones name I have gathered from live EQ (http://www.zlizeq.com/Guides-Zone_Level_Chart) and assume they are the same on TAK.

That's a big bucket of dicks, sorry to hear :(

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Talked to speedz in-game tonight. Turns out we need to have 8 unique people in-game at the same time, then send one of the GM's a tell, and they can create our guild.

I dunno if we have 8 or not though:

Myself (Droll, Nekro, Cukekis)
Herv (Mafx, Tyka)
Manstache (Jippy, Duncton)
Sketchy (Sungura, some other name I can't remember)
Budd (Miller, Coors)
Dracneir (I dunno your names)

That's all the people I've seen posting on the last page that have played so far, so not quite enough yet.

edit: updated OP with some names and chat information

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

nwin posted:

Talked to speedz in-game tonight. Turns out we need to have 8 unique people in-game at the same time, then send one of the GM's a tell, and they can create our guild.

I dunno if we have 8 or not though:

Myself (Droll, Nekro, Cukekis)
Herv (Mafx, Tyka)
Manstache (Jippy, Duncton)
Sketchy (Sungura, some other name I can't remember)
Budd (Miller, Coors)
Dracneir (I dunno your names)

That's all the people I've seen posting on the last page that have played so far, so not quite enough yet.

edit: updated OP with some names and chat information

I'm literally the post above you :colbert: I can make sure to log in to a lvl 1 wherever/whenever aside from standard 9-5

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

MrTheDevious posted:

I'm literally the post above you :colbert: I can make sure to log in to a lvl 1 wherever/whenever aside from standard 9-5

Ah ok my bad. I didn't see a name of your toon in-game so I wasn't sure. That brings us to 7 players...

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dracneir posted:

Parked in Befallen right now if anyone wants to join. I'm level 11. XP is faster with 6 people than 3 due to the group bonus :getin:

Hey, let me know when you will be able to play again. I should be level 16 soon, so we will have SoW/DamageShield/Breeze/etc.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Is anyone playing this on OSX? Just curious what symptoms you are running into. I am having serious issues with disconnects.

Hows Windows treating you on this server?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Window's is treating me fine. Once in a while my 3rd box will go LD, but that's about it.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Herv posted:

Is anyone playing this on OSX? Just curious what symptoms you are running into. I am having serious issues with disconnects.

Hows Windows treating you on this server?

I am-

Not really running into many problems-just random disconnects. However, it seems worse when I have 3 accounts going.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Cool thanks, will try to run the dru/enc up till deaths start to hurt and bring the clr up to speed this month. :)

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Okay. I should have remembered from alpha, but magicians are sick nasty OP right now. Setting up a mage to carry my guys next time I play.

Sketchy, I have a (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=60) for you next time we're both on. Merry Stachemas!

insulated staircase fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jan 6, 2015

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

a real jerk posted:

Okay. I should have remembered from alpha, but magicians are sick nasty OP right now. Setting up a mage to carry my guys next time I play.

Sketchy, I have a (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=60) for you next time we're both on. Merry Stachemas! Have an extra after that too if anyone else is playing a boring rear end paladin.

Why are mages OP right now?

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

NPCs as a whole are too strong at the moment compared to PCs; nearly always hit, usually for max or near max - so NPC vs NPC is a better matchup than letting your PC get his poo poo wrecked. Innate DS on fire pet is just the icing on the cake really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

a real jerk posted:

NPCs as a whole are too strong at the moment compared to PCs; nearly always hit, usually for max or near max - so NPC vs NPC is a better matchup than letting your PC get his poo poo wrecked. Innate DS on fire pet is just the icing on the cake really.

Ah good to know. I did thought I noticed that my necro pet was tanking a lot better than my ogre shaman.

One thing about a pet class though-the run speed is so jacked right now that PC's outrun NPC's like crazy. I couldn't figure out where the gently caress Xibarer went until he ran up to me when I was 5 seconds away from camping yesterday when I finally figured that one out.

• Locked thread