Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

it is easy, for some people to go, well that sucks, but you weren't exactly forced to put yhourself in a position that gives most people ptsd, and the justifications for doing the thing you did that caused it was an at-best flimsy platitude about protecting freedom that's not actually real, but i wish it was i hope to see the conjstitution burn in my lifetime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

hemophilia posted:

it is easy, for some people to go, well that sucks, but you weren't exactly forced to put yhourself in a position that gives most people ptsd, and the justifications for doing the thing you did that caused it was an at-best flimsy platitude about protecting freedom that's not actually real, but i wish it was i hope to see the conjstitution burn in my lifetime

um,, the us constitution is the chain that binds us to our freedom, without it america would long ago have fallen to communism, fasicm, or even naziism like most other countries. if you really think freedom doesnt exist, move to a communist country like india and make that post, with with india constitution or whatever.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

i laughed at this thread thank you goons

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Morkyz posted:

um,, the us constitution is the chain that binds us to our freedom, without it america would long ago have fallen to communism, fasicm, or even naziism like most other countries. if you really think freedom doesnt exist, move to a communist country like india and make that post, with with india constitution or whatever.

lol if you don't pray daily for full communism

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

hemophilia posted:

lol if you don't pray daily for full communism

even if you pray, jesus would never grant a prayer for something that would hurt people as much as communism. you should pray for the health of your family instead.

Greed is eternal
Jun 8, 2008
lol if you shed your blood for the International Jew/Negro Illuminati-Obama.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Greed is eternal posted:

I'd like to see proof obama is a jew (not that there's anything wrong with jews) because that doesnt sound likely.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Morkyz posted:

even if you pray, jesus would never grant a prayer for something that would hurt people as much as communism. you should pray for the health of your family instead.

Jesus was kind of a commie though.

Went around giving people free healthcare and messing with money-changer businesses.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Morkyz posted:

what exactly do you think Christ's kingdom is going to look like? Probably a pretty sweet dictatorship of the proletariat, since Christ would be the eternal king and the glory of God our eternal sunshine. What you didn't think FREEDOM is written anywhere in teh good parts of revelation? freedom is like the essential tool and cause of the apocalypse sorry buddy but freedom is poo poo

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Greed is eternal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXiOwt31cfU

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Jesus was kind of a commie though.

Went around giving people free healthcare and messing with money-changer businesses.

The ideology of communism didn't exist in Jesus' time so I don't see how he could have been one. More accurate to say that Marxism is based on a naive, atheistic understanding of Jesus' teachings.

hemophilia posted:

what exactly do you think Christ's kingdom is going to look like? Probably a pretty sweet dictatorship of the proletariat, since Christ would be the eternal king and the glory of God our eternal sunshine. What you didn't think FREEDOM is written anywhere in teh good parts of revelation? freedom is like the essential tool and cause of the apocalypse sorry buddy but freedom is poo poo

What purpose could communism serve in a post-scarcity environment such as Heaven?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Turns out military PTSD is a joke and veterans actually miss war.

http://www.ted.com/talks/sebastian_junger_why_veterans_miss_war

Send our troops back to their deaths.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

yeah thats what jacobs ladder was actually about, how much he missed vietnam

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

burritolingus posted:

Turns out military PTSD is a joke and veterans actually miss war.

http://www.ted.com/talks/sebastian_junger_why_veterans_miss_war

Send our troops back to their deaths.

Not everyone has the same experience in wartime, actually.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Morkyz posted:

The ideology of communism didn't exist in Jesus' time so I don't see how he could have been one. More accurate to say that Marxism is based on a naive, atheistic understanding of Jesus' teachings.

What purpose could communism serve in a post-scarcity environment such as Heaven?

it would be the simple de-facto state of affairs probably. Tell me why an omniscient Godhead needs a bureaucracy or a need to elevate anyone over any other person or permit power in the form of capital to accumulate and congeal anywhere but towards Him?

I can't wait for the loving end of the world

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Morkyz posted:

Not everyone has the same experience in wartime, actually.

Yeah, some poor soldiers don't get a log ride.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Youre welcome of your freedums

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
War is the natural state of man. Killing people owns.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Military PTSD is a complete joke that mocks and belittles the true suffering of people who get told mean things on the internet.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zKCIf-vfbc

AdvancesMONKEY
Mar 30, 2010

by Lowtax
in 20 years every single function of the military will be privately contracted except for the button that kills people. Then they will have like fifty guys in the real military so they don't have to give out these ridiculous benefits far beyond what any working class deserves.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
I knew a drone pilot that got /p bad military ptsd from seeing everyone round him getting rsi, should have seen it man carpal tunnel everywhere.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

actually if you have remotely anything of a conscience and a brain, some unhappy thoughts are going to creep into your mind past all the brainwashing and self-serving lies you tell yourself and the fact you are push-button clicking people to their death from a birds-eye view camera may actually wear on and break your psyche.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

hemophilia posted:

actually if you have remotely anything of a conscience and a brain, some unhappy thoughts are going to creep into your mind past all the brainwashing and self-serving lies you tell yourself and the fact you are push-button clicking people to their death from a birds-eye view camera may actually wear on and break your psyche.

Most drone operators just stare at cameras all day and do literally nothing ever. Heavy poo poo, man.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

Most drone operators just stare at cameras all day and do literally nothing ever. Heavy poo poo, man.

makes sense there's more surveilance going on than weapon dropping in times of relative peace but the technology is here and won't magically disappear in a time of war.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

carrion kit posted:

i got post traumatic sad brain, i've been rewired for action baby. i'm a hot pepper, watch ya tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rym5unx0ZCo

haha at his high-pitched squealing when he gets really worked up

bushcutter
May 13, 2009

SmokaDustbowl posted:

Yall signed up to kill people why you so broken now? I guess signing up to shoot guns at people didn't work out for you. Now somebody hosed your wife and you're homeless and you've gotta post to Goons in Platoons from that free wireless. Good job! Now you're back in civilian life and can kill yourself with heroin! Or maybe you're just sitting in a chair and your education was funded by people choking to death on their own blood. PTSD is just an excuse for murderers.

[trigger warning: US Military]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtqPlB-oC4w

You are free to say things like this because of young men and women who gave their lives. We take our way of life for granted, it could all go away in a heartbeat.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

hemophilia posted:

makes sense there's more surveilance going on than weapon dropping in times of relative peace but the technology is here and won't magically disappear in a time of war.

even in warzones more than 90% I'd guess are surveillance

I mean I don't have hard numbers or anything this is just from walking around in afghanistan and looking up at the loving sky. also talking to drone operators in tarin kowt/kandahar.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

even in warzones more than 90% I'd guess are surveillance

I mean I don't have hard numbers or anything this is just from walking around in afghanistan and looking up at the loving sky. also talking to drone operators in tarin kowt/kandahar.

I trust you but even there, this doesn't seem like a time where you'd be shooting lots of things.

I'm just saying like, there's possibly a circumstance where people who end up having to kill a bunch of dudes while operating a drone could get at least a little bit hosed up because of it.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I get Vietnam flashbacks when I poop.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Dave Kingman posted:

some gave

some gave all

-Optimus Prime Transformers

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

SmokaDustbowl posted:

Yall signed up to kill people why you so broken now? I guess signing up to shoot guns at people didn't work out for you. Now somebody hosed your wife and you're homeless and you've gotta post to Goons in Platoons from that free wireless. Good job! Now you're back in civilian life and can kill yourself with heroin! Or maybe you're just sitting in a chair and your education was funded by people choking to death on their own blood. PTSD is just an excuse for murderers.

[trigger warning: US Military]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtqPlB-oC4w

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i was good at my job, drat good. in the field i saw my brothers fall in the line of duty. why were we there? hell if i know, hell if anyone knew. i was only there following orders. when your life is on the line nothing else matters but three things: faith, family, and your brothers. yeah, i was drat good at my job. that is why i am here today.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
i like to think what would happen to the country if everyone in the US were military hating anime loving fags.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
there's a higher percentage of anime fags in the army than on something awful

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
calling bullshit. anime watchers are all gigantic violence avoiding weiners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010