Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

SavageMessiah posted:

gonna buy this
uninstall gunthro and the epic blunder
install all the holds for the main games and smitemasters selections in the new one
eighty bazillion puzzles in one game

aaaaawwww yisssss

when you load up a hold made in the other games, the main menus change all their styles to look like the game the hold was made in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

elf help book posted:

when you load up a hold made in the other games, the main menus change all their styles to look like the game the hold was made in

awesome

drod is so goooooood

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
STATUS REPORT: it's good, i just got the stick and it's very different than the sword

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Elswyyr posted:

STATUS REPORT: it's good, i just got the stick and it's very different than the sword

omg the floor after this one

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Im already stuck in the Training Yard, wtf

Am I missing something very obvious here?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

yea, you still need a golem alive there

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

elf help book posted:

yea, you still need a golem alive there

lol. I was like "Its impossible to get a golem in there so that obviously isnt the solution" and I just neer thought to walk myself over the arrow first

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

DROD has bad art.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i better get to stab first archivist

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I never finished TCB but it sounds like beethro manages to kill all the slayers and become first slayer

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Meme Emulator posted:

I never finished TCB but it sounds like beethro manages to kill all the slayers and become first slayer

He does, it's great.

TCB is the only one of these I've ever finished, I don't know whether I should keep going with TSS or if I should go back and finish JTRH or maybe that one game that explains how the hell we got to where TSS starts out.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Looks like pretentious hipster indie garbage.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
i have gotten to the temporal anomaly and i gotta say, this is the hardest official hold yet by far

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Elswyyr posted:

i have gotten to the temporal anomaly and i gotta say, this is the hardest official hold yet by far

Im stuck on The Easy Way because I cannot get that drat brained guard to stand on the switch

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Meme Emulator posted:

Im stuck on The Easy Way because I cannot get that drat brained guard to stand on the switch

Yo that's some easy poo poo to get stuck on. You a scrub.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

lol did you see where i got stuck before? I took a screenshot of it. THATS some noob poo poo. In my defense tho I had just finished JTRH and played like 4 floors full of brained roaches so using the golem remains to block the roach didnt even come to mind

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Meme Emulator posted:

lol did you see where i got stuck before? I took a screenshot of it. THATS some noob poo poo. In my defense tho I had just finished JTRH and played like 4 floors full of brained roaches so using the golem remains to block the roach didnt even come to mind

Whereas I came straight from finishing the real noob scrub game Gunthro and The Epic blunder, which is intensely all about Guard and Golem manipulation.

For real, I got hosed up on not having a sword and having to use a stick for ages.

Everyone should play Gunthro though, its got good puzzles which are v. elegant if ultimately piss easy.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal
gunthro is the only one I've finished besides KDD

i'm pretty poo poo at these games tbh

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I feel like the game has a bit too much plot in it. Sometimes there's just a bit too much talking and I want to get back to playing the game. Only occasionally though.

I'm a bit unsure about the seeding beacons. They aren't used poorly in the level they are introduced in, but it seems like they would be easy to use badly (to artificially increase play time by making you clear rooms repeatedly, rather than to set up puzzles)

The hardest room so far was the secret room east of the exit stairs in that level, with the water skippers.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

fez_machine posted:

Yo that's some easy poo poo to get stuck on. You a scrub.

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I didnt need to trap him on the switch. Oh my god I spent almost an hour trying to trap him on the switch

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Meme Emulator posted:

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I didnt need to trap him on the switch. Oh my god I spent almost an hour trying to trap him on the switch

It will be good practice later.

ZebTM
Jul 7, 2009

i bought the original trilogy on GOG and am working my way through the second one, its really fun

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

DROD is one of those games I always want to play but then get discouraged and quit too easily. I'm too lazy to think that far ahead these days.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Whats the green potion do

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
green potion = gotta go fast

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
Shattered Mine 1S2E is *hard*, I'm surprised they put that in an "official" hold

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Meme Emulator posted:

Whats the green potion do

you can move twice per clock tick instead of once. so you can turn twice, watever.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Hammerite posted:

Shattered Mine 1S2E is *hard*, I'm surprised they put that in an "official" hold

post a pic, im curious

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Eat poo poo rear end in a top hat

Im also really glad I hit the checkpoint because this room has a nasty surprise if youre excited to watch the bombs go off

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
bumping this because drod is all i play lately.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
is there anything about cutting tar that i dont fully understand, that could help tar levels to not take as long?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
tar is a loving bastard, and you will learn to hate it as you continue playing. I mainly remember that you can always cut tar that's in a column three-wide safely (assuming nothing else in the room is preventing you from doing so). so if I have to get a black door down, I focus on getting it into rectangles that are three-wide.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Just installed the trilogy off GOG after buying it months ago. I keep dying by doing stupid poo poo but it is p rad.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Is it fascism yet posted:

is there anything about cutting tar that i dont fully understand, that could help tar levels to not take as long?

You'll get the hang of it. You end up learning what shapes are going to spawn babies and what shapes are impossible to solve pretty quickly.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
good News everyone. I did the Tar mother floor (12) including the secret tar mother room behind the secret garden. i'm not burnt out yet.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i beat the second sky today but i only got the first ending and apparently theres 50% more game to be played here jeez

it was really good

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

elf help book posted:

i better get to stab first archivist

i didnt get to do this (yet?)

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Meme Emulator posted:

I made an effort post about it but ill assume nobody in fid44 is going to talk about it http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3644117

The new game is coming out at the end of the month, or this weekend if you preorder. Also vote for TSS on greenlight because theres no reason it shouldnt be on steam

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

This """"""game""""" should be nuked from orbit with tactical weaponized AIDS. gently caress you Op. This forum is gamers only.

• Locked thread