Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
One cool thing about DROD is that there are a lot of user-contributed puzzles. Most of them are poo poo tbh but one that I played was good, it's called "Gigantic Jewel Lost" I think. Uninspiring name but actually a really well-designed set of levels. It's difficult right from the beginning though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
I feel like the game has a bit too much plot in it. Sometimes there's just a bit too much talking and I want to get back to playing the game. Only occasionally though.

I'm a bit unsure about the seeding beacons. They aren't used poorly in the level they are introduced in, but it seems like they would be easy to use badly (to artificially increase play time by making you clear rooms repeatedly, rather than to set up puzzles)

The hardest room so far was the secret room east of the exit stairs in that level, with the water skippers.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Meme Emulator posted:

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I didnt need to trap him on the switch. Oh my god I spent almost an hour trying to trap him on the switch

It will be good practice later.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
green potion = gotta go fast

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
Shattered Mine 1S2E is *hard*, I'm surprised they put that in an "official" hold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

• Locked thread