Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I don't think this forces anything. If anything it kind of forces Snyder into keeping it, or else it makes it look like he cares more about t shirt sales than allegations of racism. I mean I know he's incapable of shame and all, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

If they do have to make a change they should just call themselves "Washington" and stick with a generic W logo, that way the fans can just call them what they want.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The Fightin' Taliban

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The Papal Conspiracy

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The DC Supremacy

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Nail Rat posted:

I think Chief Wahoo should be next.

Over my dead body

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

DupaDupa posted:

I mean I'm a fan of the team but they could drop the logo. Just go back to the WW2 logo.

They have the best jersey in sports.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but when was the tipping point that made this an issue after no one really gave a poo poo for 80 years? Did the NCAA's decision on Indian mascots kind of reopen the debate? Does the fact that Snyder is such an rear end in a top hat in general play into it?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I think if the will is there, the Redskins will find a way to work around this and protect their brand one way or another. "If the will is there" is the operative phrase though, because there's going to be a point pretty soon where they decide it's not worth the headache anymore.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Washington Barbed Wire

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

axeil posted:

Essentially, why is the law banning the trademark of slurs constitutionally okay?

Because slurs belong to everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The Washington Redshirts

• Locked thread