Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Dan Snyder registered "Washington Warriors" a long time ago. That would still continue using an Indian moniker probably, which I think would be a mistake.

Do the right thing, Snyder. "Washington Red Pandas"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
They also canceled the "Redskinettes".

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

That word is disparaging to the English language.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

rjmccall posted:

Washington Hogs would be a legitimately good name.

If it means good BBQ is sold at FedEx, I'm down

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Washington Metro

The Washington Red Line Delays

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
^ Orange Line is usually okay for me. But man, "Red Line Delays" feels redundant in my experience.

Frackie Robinson posted:

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but when was the tipping point that made this an issue after no one really gave a poo poo for 80 years? Did the NCAA's decision on Indian mascots kind of reopen the debate? Does the fact that Snyder is such an rear end in a top hat in general play into it?

It's been an issue for over 30 years, partially because only in recent history have Native American groups had any sort of political power.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Atticus Finch posted:

I had a friend wonder why Obama is worried about this instead of anchor babies. Yup.

I starting to think that when conservatives yell about BIG GOVERNMENT, they think that Government is literally Obama. Like, one big giant that is only capable of doing one thing at a time. The Eye of Sauron but without the army of orcs.

There's no other plausible answer why people will earnestly say that the USPTO should be investigating Benghazi or IRS Emails.

:sigh:

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Doppelganger posted:

Isn't part of the resistance because Washington fans want their rivalry with the Cowboys to "match" the team names?

It is part of it, but I'm not sure why. The Indians lost...

(we are the stupidest fanbase on the planet)

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Washington Half-Smokes

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Frackie Robinson posted:

Washington Warhawks

We will talk a big offensive game, but probably just go 3-and-out on every drive.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Dallas Cowboys vs Washington Federals

Mascots: Cliven Bundy vs Federal Agents

rivalry restored

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Chris Cooley, you used to be a lovable goof, now you're just an ignorant Dan Snyder talking head

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...g-the-chargers/

yes, the chargers, well done sir, you have bested all of the arguments, why didn't we think of that before.

-- Just kinda goes to show that the team and the players don't actually talk to real Native Americans, so anything talking about "pride" is just bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Suspect Bucket posted:

That would be the DC Veterans.

jeeeeeezus

• Locked thread