Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Nail Rat posted:

When he has to sell T-shirts for $10-$15 to compete with all the dudes selling them outside the stadium, he won't care what it looks like, he'll care about the fact he's losing millions per year.

Is there any reason he can't keep the logo trademarked? There's nothing remotely offensive about the logo, unless we want to make the argument "Anything resembling a human being is, by law, offensive".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Nail Rat posted:

Washington FC

FCDC

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Nail Rat posted:

Actually, from reading the Washington Post article, the logo itself is now unprotected as well!

So that does mean that anything resembling a human being is offensive by law? That's gonna spell trouble for a lot of sports teams.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mrit posted:

Please source your quotes

I'm basing it on 'how people work'. If the Redskins' logo, independent of the name, is deemed offensive, then people are going to complain about other ones.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

bewbies posted:

Chiefs and Braves are fine, just ban any idiot wearing fake warpaint and regalia from coming in the stadium. Indians are borderline but that loving logo needs to get the gently caress out. Not sure about Blackhawks.

If the argument is 'was designed to be offensive' applying to the Redskins logo then the Braves name is just as dead as the Indians and Chief Wahoo.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Parlett316 posted:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2014/05/04/redskins-mascot-nickname-indians-wahoo-chiefs-blackhawks-braves/8705159/

It's coming, 10 years after the Redskins name change their will only be Vikings and Irish left.

This guy has a problem with the Blackhawks? He can go gently caress himself.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Chromatic posted:

Same, but for the Chiefs.

Well, I don't know what the Chiefs' origin is, but the Blackhawks honor a local thing, and local team names are the best ones.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Intruder posted:

And yet the Illini

I do like a poster called The Great White Hope stumping for the exploitation of other heritages for profit though. Keep it up

Oh, don't get me wrong, the Redskins *name* is terrible and should be gone, but the current logo itself is completely inoffensive.

And the username is based on a silly nickname my friends and I had for Peyton Hillis, who is pretty much only notable for being white and getting on the Madden cover for one good season.

Edited out stuff because picking a fight over this is dumb and terrible.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Levitate posted:

Washington Savages

No, that's Houston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Nybble posted:

I starting to think that when conservatives yell about BIG GOVERNMENT, they think that Government is literally Obama.

As a rule, people are stupid, especially when given the freedom to basically do whatever they feel like non-stop, like facebook/twitter.

But BIG GOVERNMENT to conservatives isn't Obama, it's filthy Liberals. :argh:

• Locked thread