Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
So I assume the Redskins and Snyder are just going to file an appeal again right? Is this actually final? Where is TFFs lawyer crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

For a second I thought the Onion was surprisingly slow on making a joke tons of people have made already then I saw this was from 2013.

aces on the timely link, buddy

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

If they ever change the name, which they won't, I think they really should go with some version of the Hogs. Warthogs, preferably. After the whole pig thing became a tradition it just feels right. The Washington Warthogs.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Washington Shut Up Doltoses

or this

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Chichevache posted:

Shut up Doltos

Shut up Doltos 3, Browns 0

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Teddybear posted:

The merits of the appeal, however, is gonna be kinda rough. Just because they can appeal doesn't mean they'll win. The TTAB put forth a convincing argument that the trademark is not only disparaging now, but was disparaging when granted. The first case was only bounced on grounds of laches (not dissimilar with statute of limitations) as the plaintiffs were deemed to have waited too long to pursue the disparagement claim. The upshot of this, however, is that there's a perpetually churning population which has new members reaching the age of majority every day-- and thus, able to bring suit. The time limit applies to individual plaintiffs seeking to get rid of the trademark, not to challenging the trademark itself.

Long story short, Snyder might be kinda hosed, as there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of defense here.

While I do think they might actually uphold today's ruling, the question is how long will the appeal last anyway? It took so long to get this far, how long do we have to wait for true victory? If it happens?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

My proposal for a new name
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2014/06/the-washington-rexskins.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Oh wow two new pages of discussion did we get more news?

oh

faaaaaaaarrrrtttt

• Locked thread