Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I hate being friends with family members on Facebook. They keep sharing articles with titles like "OBUMMER USES EXECUTIVE VETO POWERS TO STRIP REDSKINS OF NAME"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cole, you sound like my great grandma when I used to scold her for calling black people "negro"

She had the exact same argument: "We called black people negro all the time growing up. Why is it a problem now?"

Society becoming more sensitive and evolving isn't a bad thing.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cole posted:

Yes it is. Go read e/n.

Those people aren't sensitive. They're goons.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cole posted:

You really think we aren't headed that way?

I don't see what weird people posting strange personal problems on the internet has to do with the word redskins being a racial slur or not.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cole posted:

We got off topic. My fault.

I've been around TFF for a while. Sorry I said last Tuesday and you didn't see the sarcasm. TFF hasn't given a poo poo until relatively recently.

Better?

Why does the timeline matter? It took too long for this topic to get the attention it deserves, but that has no bearing on whether or not redskin is a racial slur or not.

• Locked thread