Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The trademark was canceled because it was offensive "at the time it was registered" so hopefully Dan submitted a new request before someone else does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Nail Rat posted:

You really think they're going to find that it's not offensive now?

I think they're going to try.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

evilweasel posted:

I assume so yes. I'm just saying that people saying he could just re-register the name if it's officially canceled, or register some other Redskins variant, are probably wrong.

I agree. I was wrong before; apparently PTO has denied quite a few recent Redskins applications due to the name being offensive.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

rkajdi posted:

Washington Department of Football Services-- not my idea, but an all around awesome name.

I like it. Personally I have always been partial to Warthogs as a name.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sash! posted:

It would be the Washington Five Guys

Which would be fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Komet posted: