Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
They should move the Redskins to Washington state and rename them the SuperSonics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
From Reddit.

quote:

This decision by the USPTO does not mean that the team will lose its trademark rights in the name and logo. In fact, it will have very little practical effect. Having your trademark registered with the PTO may confer additional benefits, but in the US general trademark rights arise through use, not registration. The Redskins will still be able to use and enforce their rights in the mark under federal and state law anywhere that the mark has been used in commerce, which is basically everywhere.

If that is true then I doubt Snyder will do anything.

I wonder if the NFL requires all teams to own the trademark of their team name though. Seems like that would be part of the deal of owning an NFL team.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

Chris James 2 posted:

Broken clocks are right sometimes

Twice a day as a matter of fact.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

Doppelganger posted:

Isn't part of the resistance because Washington fans want their rivalry with the Cowboys to "match" the team names?

The Washington Cholera
The Washington Dysentery
The Washington Typhoid

I'm sure Seth MacFarlane could consult.

Well if they really want the rivalry to match then the Cowboys should change their name to the White Devils.

• Locked thread