Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Jack Gladney posted:

Gay people in the 50s had specific rights they needed recognized and particular forms of oppression which they could identify. There were legit gay rights movements well before Stonewall.

The people you're describing don't seem to want anything other than to describe themselves. Even people with weird paraphilias really only want to practice them with other people who share them. I'm not actually sure what this crowd is after at all, except maybe engaging in fantasy through the internet. Do we know anything about how they live? Furries at least convene conventions where they gently caress each other in mascot costumes.

anecdotal but the ones i know are boring people who want to feel they have some sort of intrinsic trait that saves them the work of developing a personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Zeitgueist posted:

I'm specifically referring to folks who have complained about "Tumblr/SJW poo poo" in the past, citing fringe folks, who inevitably have issues with fairly mainstream opinions on bigotry and transgendered people. This doesn't apply to everyone.

I do think it's super amusing that hateful individuals tend to justify their lovely opinions on the basis of angsty teenagers who don't know any better and ironically get triggered into hilarious angry vitriol by the mere suggestion they might have privilege

• Locked thread