Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

goatse.cx posted:

Is there any scientific basis for this?

About a century of trying very, very hard to change the mind to match the body instead of the other way around and failing miserably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ZorajitZorajit posted:

What I'm still curious about are the claims of the nouveau sexualities, orientations, and genders. Trans I get, nonbinary, sure, but what about the demiromantics, homoromantic asexuals, and aporagender? Is there validity with some or any of these claims?

Validity in what sense? I mean the issue is your question is so vague that it's essentially unanswerable. I mean in one sense it's clearly valid in that it describes some aspect of their personality in the same sense that "I like ice cream" does. In another, I think it's rather unlikely these are the same sort of fundamental aspects of identity that things like gender or sexuality are. But just asking if they are valid claims is too unclear about what you mean to have any real discussion on.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

T. Bombastus posted:

Would any of the posters denying that claim please link to the scientific study they are referencing?

That's not how it works. If someone's making a scientific claim it's absolutely on that person to support it and not the people questioning it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

SALT CURES HAM posted:

A lot of the "weirder" social justice blogs are trolls trying to discredit the social justice movement, for what it's worth.

I don't think anyone should give any credence to claims that "oh everyone on our side who is bad is actually just a plant from the opposition".

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Don't spoilertag NWS images: they're still loaded even when spoilered. Always link them.

• Locked thread