Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Gazpacho posted:

With regard to sex and gender "queer" identities, if LGBT status has been destigmatized in some communities to the point that people are making a fashion statement of it, I don't see how that can be anything other than a success and tribute (as long as they stay clear of bug chasing).

From what I've seen, Tumblr transgenders actually tend to be pretty hostile to transitioning or transitioned transgenders if they disagrees with the Tumblr kiddies in any way, especially when it comes to dysphoria. It's getting to the point where Tumblr transgenders are turning a real issue into a club for know-it-all teens and undergrads. If you want to join the smart-kids club, all you need to do is get a huge side cut, dye your hair pink or blue, demand that people online call you "bunself" or "reiself", and you're now a part of the progressive elite that laughs at the plebs! Who cares if you're making a mockery of real transgender people and their issues; those trannies should just suck it up because the new Enlightenment is going to happen at any moment and will be lead by a bunch of dorky teens and college undergrads!

Basically, I wouldn't be surprised if several of the Tumblr transgenders were actually transphobic themselves, simply because of how they treat people that are or have actually transitioned. They're using transgenderism as the new Asperger's; something to make them look smart and better than everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread