Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
42 from Cincinnati to Columbus is a designated scenic road, along with 62 heading northeast from Columbus. Both of those are a great ride with some nice views. Amish country up near Massillon is a gorgeous place to ride as well, and Lehman Brothers Hardware is cool to visit--it's basically an Amish Walmart with everything from propane powered refrigerators to diy soap ingredients.

The best roads I've found so far are down in the Hocking Hills region. I just went on a ride down there last weekend with my cousin, and it was spectacular.

You might check out Mohican State Forest just east of you--that's a great place to explore. Just north of that near Cleveland is Cuyahoga National Forest, which is something I've been wanting to visit for ages now.

If you like dirt, Wayne National Forest, Tar Hollow, and Danville are my favorite places I've found so far. Up in Danville there's everything from "unimproved" county roads to abandoned roads to some great hill climbs, creek crossings, atv trails, etc. There's an active Ohio forum on ADV rider that organizes group dual sort rides if you like to push yourself.

There's another dealer in Columbus worth mentioning, Ohio Motorcycle off Cemetery and 270. It's not quite Iron Pony, but they've got a good parts/service counter and I've gotten good referrals from them when they didn't have obscure stuff I was looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Whelp, I think we're officially done it chaps... we've finally got Ohio all figured out now. There sure are roads :cripes:

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

astrollinthepork posted:

I don't know what the trails for motorcycles are like, but I can say that Archer's Fork Loop is the best trail I've ever been on second to the Alum Bluff trail in GSMNP. Way the hell out in the middle of nowhere. The trail head is literally an old cemetery off a gravel road.

Does anyone have any experience at Mid-Ohio?

Zaleski State Park has a great backpacking trail you should check out--tons of interesting things to see on it, and the park even provides water at all the designated campsites.

MonkeyNutZ posted:

I picked up a DR200 a few months ago and have been itching to make a pilgrimage to Wayne National this summer, any tips for when it should be the driest/most rideable?

drat, that's what I get for slacking on the forums--that vintage track meetup sounds like it woulda been fun to hit up.

If you've got a DR200, you should check in with the ADV rider Ohio thread... they post up frequent dual sport rides.

What's everyone's favorite spots to moto-camp within the state?

• Locked thread