Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SimplyCosmic
May 18, 2004

It could be worse.

Not sure how, but it could be.
Coming from Painesville up in the very northeast corner of the state, it's a good 2 hours to any decent roads, even Rt 164.

Anyway, make sure to say a prayer tomorrow (6/21) for those crazy bastards taking part in the Lake Erie Loop. 650 miles, 4 states, 2 countries, 1 day.

It doesn't sound like much until you take a look at the "race" classes:
  • Unlimited 50's - if it started life as a 50cc it's eligible and vintage bikes
    up to 110cc.
  • 125's - up to 125cc and vintage bikes up to 160cc.
  • 200's - up to 200cc, any Cushman style scooter with a stock based motor (no
    Cushman hybrids) and vintage bikes up to 225cc.
  • Moped Class. It MUST have pedals.
  • Tourist class - any size, any bike. There will be no authorized competition
    in this class, it's a fun run only.

I enjoyed the AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days (7/11-7/13) when I stopped by for a day a few years back, but I've always enjoyed looking at vintage motorcycles I don't personally have to fix.

Iron Pony is also going to host the Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club's show & swap tomorrow (6/21) from 10-4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimplyCosmic
May 18, 2004

It could be worse.

Most of you are probably already aware of these roads, but here are a few more route reports I wrote.

Rt 78 - Backbone of Ohio's Dragons
Rt 800 - Curves, Hills and a River Ferry
Rt 174 - Slow Ride for a Sunday

SimplyCosmic
May 18, 2004

It could be worse.

The Cleveland Mods vs Rockers ride will be going on this Saturday, August 9th, for those who enjoy vintage bikes. There's usually more than a few modern, but oddball bikes, joining in as well. I no longer have my '73 CB350F, so I'm considering throwing in with the scooter riders this year.

SimplyCosmic
May 18, 2004

It could be worse.

The Cleveland Mods vs Rockers ride made me a hypocrite. For years, I have silently raged at "cruiser parades" taking up a lane and holding up traffic, only to participate in the exact same thing with 70+ vintage bikes and scooters. "Road Guards" on old scooters from the 70s and 80s rolling through downtown Cleveland is a bit surreal.

• Locked thread