Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Hello friends. Watching all these World Cup games so far has got me noticing, some players have some really cool and good tattoos, and some have some really poo poo ones. But we don't have a thread to talk about them in and also to be a big image dump for fat retards like myself! Well, wait no longer because that thread is now here, it is this thread, and you can post in here about all the cool tattoos on your favourite players.

Here's my picks of the tournament so far
The good:
Nigel de Jong

Raul Meireles

Tim Cahill

Olivier Giroud

The bad:

The entire gayboi tryhard p*ssy b*tch neck tattoo brigade of Chile including but not limited to
Eduardo Vargas

Arturo Vidal

Gary Medel

Gonzalo Jara

Special mention to Daniel Agger, Joleon Lescott and Djibril Cisse who didn't make it to Brazil rip

As a topic of discussion to keep this from devolving into an imagedump instantly, does anyone know why so many footballers have such poo poo tattoos? I figure its because a bunch of young kids with too much money and no taste just spend on bad poo poo, but I like the idea that there's one massive scratcher who all the Chilean dudes keep recommending to each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
cool thread op, de jong's tattoos are great, but meireles takes the top spot imo

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I don't like tattoos OP, I think they take away from the natural beauty of the human form.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

vyelkin posted:

I don't like tattoos OP, I think they take away from the natural beauty of the human form.

I disagree, I think if done well they can very much accentuate the natural beauty of the human form and look fully sick

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I can't believe Vidal has a spiderman tattoo on his forearm, and you're making fun of his neck tattoos.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
Is Gary Medel's pitbull tattoo deliberately wonky so as to resemble his face more?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I can't believe Vidal has a spiderman tattoo on his forearm, and you're making fun of his neck tattoos.

I don't really have the moral high ground to criticise people on tattoos of cartoons/movie franchises op

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
tattoos are disgusting, just like women who smoke!!!

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Chilean players, and others, have poo poo tattoos because they have bad taste, that's all there is to it.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

El Hefe posted:

Chilean players, and others, have poo poo tattoos because they have bad taste, that's all there is to it.

I find it interesting that it seems to have reached critical mass around the Chile team though, they all seem to have shocking tattoos where other teams have some dudes with no tattoos, some with alright ones and some with boring bad ones.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Bogan Krkic posted:

I find it interesting that it seems to have reached critical mass around the Chile team though, they all seem to have shocking tattoos where other teams have some dudes with no tattoos, some with alright ones and some with boring bad ones.

There's a Chilean fan at the Hereford FIFA Fan Zone with an Arby's logo tattooed on his neck. The classic tall hat, not the new one.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

There's a Chilean fan at the Hereford FIFA Fan Zone with an Arby's logo tattooed on his neck. The classic tall hat, not the new one.

he's still there?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Interesting. Seems like it could be a cultural thing then.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

USMNT:

Dempsey:

Brooks:

Howard:

:getin:

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I don't care for tattoos tbh.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Tzen posted:

USMNT:

:getin:

Is that af***** a**s c*m?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Tzen posted:

Brooks:

wtf are these supposed to be? They look like the outlines of the Congo and Sudan. I guess the right one is Illinois? Why would you want an outline of Illinois tattooed on your body forever?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

vyelkin posted:

wtf are these supposed to be? They look like the outlines of the Congo and Sudan. I guess the right one is Illinois? Why would you want an outline of Illinois tattooed on your body forever?

No matter which states those tattoos are, they are really lame.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

vyelkin posted:

Illinois and Germany. His dad is from Chicago but was stationed in Germany. Brooks' mother is German and he was born and raised in Berlin. If you look closely you can see little stars where Berlin and Chicago are.

And yes, there are far better ways to celebrate Chicago than getting the rest of this retarded state on your body.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Big Black Dick posted:

Illinois and Germany. His dad is from Chicago but was stationed in Germany. Brooks' mother is German and he was born and raised in Berlin. If you look closely you can see little stars where Berlin and Chicago are.

And yes, there are far better ways to celebrate Chicago than getting the rest of this retarded state on your body.
That looks nothing like Germany and more like Berlin itself which makes sense since it's also a state, just like Illinois.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Deuce's Texas elbow cap makes me laugh really hard but I kinda like it. I had no idea Howard was so covered in hilarious tattoos, dude owns.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

frankenfreak posted:

That looks nothing like Germany and more like Berlin itself which makes sense since it's also a state, just like Illinois.

I just assumed it was a really lovely tattoo.

Well, I mean it is already, but poorly executed in addition to poor taste.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Big Black Dick posted:

I just assumed it was a really lovely tattoo.

Well, I mean it is already, but poorly executed in addition to poor taste.

He's clearly biting Deuce's style with them too. What a beta

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
At least Texas has their own weird state-centric nationalism (stationalism?) thing where they like to stand out from other states and be super proud they're from Texas and whatever. I've literally never seen or heard anybody talking about how much they love being from Illinois. Chicago, sure.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
The best German but now American tattoo is Terrance Boyd's Cyclops.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

The best German but now American tattoo is Terrance Boyd's Cyclops.

Is that meant to make his arm look like a crocodile?

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Our love will last forever

TRP Post Of The Tournament Winner World Cup 2014
Fanis Gekas got made fun of for this:

he wanted it to mean Cold-Blooded Killer but apparently it means Murderer of Bad Weather

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/06/19/kanji-fail-japanese-world-cup-fans-notice-greek-players-strange-tattoo/

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Maradonna Summer posted:

Fanis Gekas got made fun of for this:

he wanted it to mean Cold-Blooded Killer but apparently it means Murderer of Bad Weather

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/06/19/kanji-fail-japanese-world-cup-fans-notice-greek-players-strange-tattoo/

Lmao this is one of my best tattoo things

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
It's Always Sunny In Thessaloniki

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Ramos got a Champions League tattoo to match his World Cup one. Can't fault the concept, but the execution is lovely.

And Chicago has one of the most iconic flags and skylines of any city in the US--so much so that Chicago flag tattoos are cliche. But we still hate the rest of this backwoods red state, so even a cliche is better than that dumb Illinois tat.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I love the idea of those trophy tattoos but Meireles' Champions League tattoo is the best one imo. On a similar note, has anyone ever seen a good football related tattoo? I always consider getting one and then remember that they all look gay as hell

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Our love will last forever

TRP Post Of The Tournament Winner World Cup 2014

saihttam posted:

It's Always Sunny In Thessaloniki

it's not it's been raining cats and dogs for the last month, i hate it op

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

poo poo, Meireles and De Jong's tattoos are amazing

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

CaptainRightful posted:

Ramos got a Champions League tattoo to match his World Cup one. Can't fault the concept, but the execution is lovely.

And Chicago has one of the most iconic flags and skylines of any city in the US--so much so that Chicago flag tattoos are cliche. But we still hate the rest of this backwoods red state, so even a cliche is better than that dumb Illinois tat.

Find a better photo because those are legit great tattoos in concept and execution.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

not really a fan

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

The little star on the outline of Berlin marks the place where he grew up, which is a fail-rear end suburb filled with old people (who very likely were nazis, just saying (not that there's anything wrong with that)) and beta bitches. To think what could have been had he grown up a kilometer or two to the east, he'd be well hard and my local hero but also probably in jail.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Mario's tattoos are alpha as hell and I wont hear otherwise

Always enjoyed De Rossi "legbreaker" one

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo