Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I played Carnival Games at a family gathering once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
I bought Pokemon X, got to the second gym, and thought, "I don't wanna get too far in case they finally announce a third gen remake and I get burnt out on Pokemon by the time it comes out." Literally bought a new game and got more excited for the game I've already put a couple hundred hours into, I'm the grog.

I got the GBA at launch and wanted to get Castlevania but stuck with Rayman because I didn't want my parents to think that I was getting into the devil (my mom never really got over the DnD moral panic and was under the impression that you played as Diablo in Diablo despite seeing my brother play it and get crushed by the forces of the nine hells), and never really got over it, despite eventually going on to own Circle of the Moon and beating it several times.

Back when I was a kid I used to rent lovely licensed games when I ran out of good games to rent and didn't want to continually re-rent an RPG until I finished it. If a lovely licensed game was about something I actually cared about as a preteen, like Harry Potter, I would sometimes buy it. I don't know why I did this, because I knew I wouldn't like what I was getting into, but when you're a kid you just don't get conflict avoidance I guess.

Back when The Misadventures of Tron Bonne actually had copies floating around in circulation, I really wanted it because I loved Megaman Legends, but got too scared about it being "too girly" or some poo poo and gave up trying to track down a copy as a result, and now it's stupidly rare and I blame the patriarchy for not letting me expand my rare game collection.

This isn't a confession so much as it is tangentially related to that last comment but I have a hard copy of Cubivore I bought near launch that I now lend out to curious friends and it's weirdly empowering.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I bought dayz and tried to enjoy it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I made a graph paper map of deadly towers and got all the way to the first tower before the weed ran out

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mark Brouhard posted:

You hapless fucker.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mark Brouhard posted:

ban this motherfucker

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
one time i accidentally cracked my bioshock disc taking it out of the case so i rented a copy from blockbuster and switched their working copy with my broken one. they never marked their discs so they never found out.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
I traded my copy of XIII for Blood Wake. :negative:

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
I like Mass Effect 3, regardless of dumb space kid. Priority: Tuchanka is sweet as gently caress.

Reset Button
Jan 25, 2011

I enjoyed ff13-2 and ffx-2 :cry:

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i like to play some Lego video games

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Omally posted:

i like to play some Lego video games

Lego Marvel owns bones.

Lego Batman 2 doesn't.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Reset Button posted:

I enjoyed ff13-2 and ffx-2 :cry:

I love FFX-2 and actually cosplayed Rikku from it once

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Action Tortoise posted:

Lego Marvel owns bones.

Lego Batman 2 doesn't.

i liked the lego games better when the legos didn't talk. the cutscenes in lego marvel made me ashamed to be playing it

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
I played FF13 for 20 hours waiting for the corridor crawler section to end. :downs:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Frank Horrigan posted:

I played FF13 for 20 hours waiting for the corridor crawler section to end. :downs:

I liked the afro dude and his little chocobo it was all just so :3:

Everyone else in that could eat a dick and my plan to use afro dude as the team lead sadly did not turn out well

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I beat vampire rain: altered species(feces), both the regular and extra mode.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i despise newgrounds yet have bought Castle Crashers, Meat Boy, and Issac on steam

the latter i have not played once or ever plan to

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Steam says I have over 900 hours played in a Half-Life 2 mod called Pirates, Vikings, and Knights 2.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
I got a platinum trophy in sonic unleashed

Dr. Doji Suave
Dec 31, 2004

my wife and i bought a bunch of skylanders when the first game came out and beat it over the span of a week.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
I also have a shitload of Steam games and only played and will play about 5% of them.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
After playing Catherine I dreamt about block puzzles for a week.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
My brother has played more games that I've purchased than I have.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

I only played America's Army to flashbang my team.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I still enjoy WoW and would start again and pay $15/month easily if it was in my budget

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Axel Serenity posted:

I still enjoy WoW and would start again and pay $15/month easily if it was in my budget

As long as you don't WoW exclusively that is totally ok man, it is a pretty well made game.

Vhadka
Apr 30, 2009

I can't stand "art" games or any game using pixel art

I despise pvp of any sort in every genre except FPS

I play new MMOs despite knowing they will be terrible

I like forced stealth sections in most games that have them

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Vhadka posted:

I despise pvp of any sort in every genre except FPS

I play new MMOs despite knowing they will be terrible

I play MMOs solely for PVP, and I enjoy it. :ohdear:

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
every time i've tried deus ex, immediately at the beginning i pick up a weapon that's bugged for some reason and the bug is hard to get rid of so i just shut the game down and play solitaire or tf2 or altitude or something

Vhadka
Apr 30, 2009

Frank Horrigan posted:

I play MMOs solely for PVP, and I enjoy it. :ohdear:

Fair pvp or murdering helpless people to harvest their tears?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Vhadka posted:

I can't stand "art" games or any game using pixel art

what is your opinion on bioshock infinite

Vhadka
Apr 30, 2009

Putty posted:

what is your opinion on bioshock infinite

Pretended it was high art, was just a game with mediocre to bad shooting and a story about as deep as a freshman creative writing paper. Not a terrible game though, thanks to the times you got to zipline around shooting dudes in the face.

Also, terrible ending.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Vhadka posted:

Fair pvp or murdering helpless people to harvest their tears?

I ain't into that e-bushido poo poo, I only fight if I know I can win.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
here's my ultimate gaming confession: i really, really enjoyed howling dogs.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

surc posted:

As long as you don't WoW exclusively that is totally ok man, it is a pretty well made game.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
that wasn't meant to be a quote, I misclicked a thing

anyway I have a mildly unhealthy attraction to a dota character, see if you can figure out which

glam bam rock
Jun 2, 2009

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww
WHAM BAM THANK YA GLAM

the only consoles ive had since the ps2 are the wii and the wii u

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I bought a second copy of Lollipop Chainsaw because I forgot I already had one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I play Dark Souls 2...with a keyboard and mouse :negative:

• Locked thread