Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runa
Feb 13, 2011

anime gently caress pillow posted:

I play Dark Souls 2...with a keyboard and mouse :negative:

At least you never missed a jump.

right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

I played the entirety of Dark Souls 1 with kb+m along with the dsfix mod and I strongly, strongly preferred it to control.

DS2 made it worse by making like every loving possible interaction from the "interact" button into its own separate keystroke which was godawful and I learned how to controller because yeah gently caress that.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Same. It's fine once you use autohotkey or anything else that binds mouse buttons to keyboard keys, or if you use keyboard keys to attack.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

When playing DS2 with kb+m, I learned very quickly not to double-click unless I really meant it.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

T.G. Xarbala posted:

When playing DS2 with kb+m, I learned very quickly not to double-click unless I really meant it.

Yeah I know, it's horrible and I don't get how it even made it through basic playtesting.

It's a shame because it really looks like they put some effort in the PC version & m+k controls, but it fell flat on its face because of that single fuckup.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Follow up confession: I don't own Dark Souls 2.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Mods?!

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I bought a Founder's Pack for Mechwarrior Online, and I never played it.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
when i was a lad i paid all my christmas money on hey you pikachu

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
many years later i spent full price for brink

there is a consistent pattern of idiocy that carries through in my life

BluPotato
Jul 18, 2006

i've never beat Super Mario Brothers and have no intention to ever do even though 1001 spikes is so my poo poo right now

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Tiler Kiwi posted:

many years later i spent full price for brink

there is a consistent pattern of idiocy that carries through in my life

Hey You Pikachu owned but I also fell for the trap that was Brink. I had no idea how a game that promising was botched that terribly, but I'm pretty sure it can be traced back in large part to the nowhere-advertised fact that in a vitally team-based game there was no loving voice chat.

God, gently caress Brink. Such a great premise, so gorgeous, and so actually fun to play that was left dead in the water for no good reason other than dev ineptitude and publisher neglect. I don't get mad-mad about a lot of games but Brink is definitely one of them.

At least now I have a neat Sniper hat in TF2, so that's nice.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
just realised another game i own but have never played Starwars KOTOR and KOTOR2.
yep.

i need to sort out a list of all my shames an rectify it

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Heavy Lobster posted:

God, gently caress Brink. Such a great premise, so gorgeous, and so actually fun to play that was left dead in the water for no good reason other than dev ineptitude and publisher neglect. I don't get mad-mad about a lot of games but Brink is definitely one of them.

At least now I have a neat Sniper hat in TF2, so that's nice.

I preordered Homefront just for the Soldier's blindfold. I didn't even main as a Soldier.

Also I've never played Unreal or Quake.

Dec 26, 2012

Video Viddy Games posted:

just realised another game i own but have never played Starwars KOTOR and KOTOR2.
yep.

i need to sort out a list of all my shames an rectify it

to be fair play the others before those, they didnt age especially well

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i beat DS1 with kb+m and was the pvp king of the mountain

in DS2 this was not the case

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I have never played a 3D Mario game.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Fenrir posted:

I have never played a 3D Mario game.

you've never played mario party or mario kart 64 ?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
that's more something to be proud of than ashamed, imo

though you missed out on mario 64 which is legit

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I play PC FPS games with a 70 FOV.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

Frank Horrigan posted:

I played FF13 for 20 hours waiting for the corridor crawler section to end. :downs:

I did this to and when I finally got to the part where the game supposedly opens up and gets good, I just went "eh, I don't really want to do any of this" and just gave up.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Mill Village posted:

I play PC FPS games with a 70 FOV.

noooooooooooooo

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I've never beaten any of the Infinity Engine games.

Also I bought the first Nintendogs game.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
My friend deleted my pokemon blue save so he could start a new game with squirtle as the starter while I was in the bathroom. I cried.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Frank Horrigan posted:

My friend deleted my pokemon blue save so he could start a new game with squirtle as the starter while I was in the bathroom.

:eyepop:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mabels big day posted:

I spend money on team fortress 2

Same.

touyouki
Mar 11, 2010

heh
i played all of dmc3 on keyboard

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

Frank Horrigan posted:

My friend deleted my pokemon blue save so he could start a new game with squirtle as the starter while I was in the bathroom. I cried.

he did you a favor

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I deleted my pokemon red save which included all 151 with a legit mew I got at a convention from like 10 years ago a couple weeks back. I AM FINALLY FREE.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

surc posted:

I deleted my pokemon red save which included all 151 with a legit mew I got at a convention from like 10 years ago a couple weeks back. I AM FINALLY FREE.

pokemon is basically the video game version of old boy.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Holy poo poo it's more than a decade ago. It's probably like 15 years now what the hell happened to my youth.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
i used to be a console gamer

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

surc posted:

Holy poo poo it's more than a decade ago. It's probably like 15 years now what the hell happened to my youth.

It's locked up inside you somewhere. Let it out, Surc. You play that Pokemon Red until you have all 151 again. Because you're good enough, you're smart enough, and daggonit people like you.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

i used to be a console gamer

There's no shame in that, we all did when we were young. Unless you're telling me you fought on the wrong side in the war.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

There's no shame in that, we all did when we were young. Unless you're telling me you fought on the wrong side in the war.

Actually, I was a PC gamer when I was young. The only consoles we owned were a Game Boy, Game Gear and Atari Lynx with a few games on each, so I didn't get to play most of the famous console games like SMB3, Final Fantasy, etc.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

i never took sides, I just din't have the money for a pc

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

zen death robot posted:

I still don't own a Wii U despite having bought a PS4 several months ago.

that's just good gamer/financial acumen

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i was a genesis kid

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
:hf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

i played thousands of hours of maplestory in my teens and to this day i'll start it up 1-2 times a year and play for like a week before once again realizing the magic is gone

• Locked thread