Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
First blood, soldier, you were first blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Soon...

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
The hour draws near...

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Sir, everything is in position. We await your word.
Good. Everything is going according to plan.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Sir, we've finished digging the tunnel. We're ready to move on your word.
Excellent. These filthy Canadian RCMP officers are too busy celebrating the New Year to keep a proper watch on the cells.
Very good, sir.
Now, while they're distracted, move the army through these tunnels.

Heh, heh, yes, good, good. This is all very excellent. Although--hmm, we don't seem to have come out above ground.
No, sir, we appear to have uncovered the Secret Catacombs Of CanadaTM
Goodness, not the Secret Catacombs Of CanadaTM!
Yes, sir, the Secret Catacombs Of CanadaTM!
Hmm. Well, I suppose we'll just have to continue digging to get through the Secret Catacombs Of CanadaTM.
Sir, agreed. We have many soldiers with which to complete the job, although--
What is it? Speak up!
The Secret Catacombs Of CanadaTM are riddled with mines.
Blast! Of course they are. Well, we'll just have to be careful. Use your training!
Of course, sir.
And put on one of these many Indiana JonesTM costume kits that happen to be lying around. If we DO happen to come out above ground, it would serve us well to be in disguise.

Of course, sir.
Excellent, now let's see. Where should we go first?

Oh dear. Uh, is there a clone trooper who is willing to go first?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

man if this gets the thread closed again I will laaaaaaaugh.

Also gently caress the Windows 8 Minesweeper. When I play Minesweeper, it's because I have a short attention span while listening to LP videos or talking to people, turning it into a fullscreen "game" kind of ruined it for me :argh:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

How the hell catacombs does that game work? Gold coins? Doors? Dynamite?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Goddammit you geriatric wizard gently caress. Knock this poo poo off or I'm calling Geop back in here.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
That money looks nice. I'll grab it and break the block right over it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
You are a weird person.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Senerio posted:

That money looks nice. I'll grab it and break the block right over it.

Ahh, excellent! The Canadian Government's gold appears to be stored in these catacombs as well! Good work, Trooper.

A mine has been located as well. Don't step on it, or we will lose one of our precious heart icons.

nine-gear crow posted:

Goddammit you geriatric wizard gently caress. Knock this poo poo off or I'm calling Geop back in here.

Actually, maybe we should push Trooper nine-gear crow onto it for being a meanie.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
That other small gold nugget closest to us is really inviting: we should dig straight to it taking the shortest possible route.

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

radintorov posted:

That other small gold nugget closest to us is really inviting: we should dig straight to it taking the shortest possible route.

This, and then directly to that mysterious door.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I have no idea how this game works but I know you can't go wrong drawing a dick.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
We should start with the bottomleft most block, sir! Corners strategy, sir.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

radintorov posted:

Wow, uh, you Clone Troopers sure are busy fellows. That's a lot of digging! Good work on finding that gold, though.

Chwoka posted:

This, and then directly to that mysterious door.

Hmm. It appears to be locked. Knowing the Canadian Government, the key for this door is haphazardly laying around in this very room. Troopers, spread out, find that key! We must know what is behind this door!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Sindai posted:

I have no idea how this game works but I know you can't go wrong drawing a dick.

Not possible, unfortunately, because the Clone Troopers appear to be incapable of excavating a single brick of dirt at a time.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Sir! Are we still getting paid for this, Sir?

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
I love money sir, and those coins on the lower right tempt me!

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Let's go straight for that dynamite. Keys are for losers, we'll blow up that loving door.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Hey, what's this menu button in the corner do, sir?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Frionnel posted:

I love money sir, and those coins on the lower right tempt me!

I, too, am tempted, Trooper Frionnel. We can use this ill-begotten gold to fund my Super Secret Sith Projects!

NewMars posted:

Sir! Are we still getting paid for this, Sir?

Uh, or, uh, pay the Troopers, I suppose.

Carbon dioxide posted:

Let's go straight for that dynamite. Keys are for losers, we'll blow up that loving door.

Hmm, interesting. Looks like this Canadian Dynamite can blow up just about anything in the Catacombs. Should we still proceed to destroy the door? Or should we save the explosives for later?

I'll be the first to admit it: I'm more of a Space Wizard, than anything else. I have no idea what's happening right now.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Save the dynamite for now.

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

Surely we have enough gold to upgrade to Premium by now! We deserve it.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Chwoka posted:

Surely we have enough gold to upgrade to Premium by now! We deserve it.

Hmm, what's this?

Yech! No. No, thank you.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Red x's are mines, blue circles are clear, sir!

I'm baffled that they actually tried to turn this into a game, a freemium game even.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
The question is, does marking the mines and clearing known safe spots even do anything for us anymore? It's the whole point of regular minesweeper, sure, but here we're on an ~Adventure~ (mode) and I don't know that clearing and marking gives us any benefit other than not accidentally setting off a mine later on.

Hmm. Looking at the current map, it seems like this is a kind of tutorial. We can't safely advance below, and the upper path has three loose rocks in the wall. I think we have to use the dynamite to blow through those, and then we can advance up and around, hopefully find other dynamite, and most definitely find a key. So, uh. Those are my recommended orders, sir.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
:ghost:

quote:

Looks like the ghosts of the past are here to haunt. You might want to look over your shoulder on occassion.

:ghost:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Hmm. Looking at the current map, it seems like this is a kind of tutorial. We can't safely advance below, and the upper path has three loose rocks in the wall. I think we have to use the dynamite to blow through those, and then we can advance up and around, hopefully find other dynamite, and most definitely find a key. So, uh. Those are my recommended orders, sir.

Setting dynamite.
Let's hope you're right about this, Trooper Oblivion4568238.

Sir, there are supplies behind these rocks!
What a pleasant surprise! Any Sith artifacts?
No, sir, mostly low-tech ballistics and shielding.
Oh, bugger.

Aha! The exit. Who will clear the way for your Glorious Leader? I still recommend pushing Trooper nine-gear crow into the path. Or Trooper Air is Lava! They called me "weird".

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I volunteer for the glory of the Sith/Lucas empire sir!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I suggest we go stand on the 1 up and to the right, dig twice right and once down to get to the end, SIR!

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Oblivion4568238 posted:

The question is, does marking the mines and clearing known safe spots even do anything for us anymore? It's the whole point of regular minesweeper, sure, but here we're on an ~Adventure~ (mode) and I don't know that clearing and marking gives us any benefit other than not accidentally setting off a mine later on.

Curiosity got the better of me, and I looked up a thing or two (don't have Windows 8 myself). You can find gold pieces under some dirt pieces. Don't know if that's worth it, though.

Also, found a guy saying that every 5th level is way harder and you might want to hoard for that.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Because playing it properly is the goal of this thread.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Neruz posted:

Because playing it properly is the goal of this thread.

I play to get filthy rich, personally.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm here because I'm bored!

Senerio fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jan 2, 2015

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
I'm here because of the pay and the dental program.

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
I'm here because I caused me and my entire family to die!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I'm here to run the food truck.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Blind Sally posted:

Or Trooper Air is Lava! They called me "weird".

Sir! I don't know what came over me, Sir! I was completely beside myself, Sir!
As a personal chastisement, I cleared a huge part of the perimeter, Sir!

Senerio posted:

I suggest we go stand on the 1 up and to the right, dig twice right and once down to get to the end, SIR!
I strongly suggest waiting for the refreshed geological report!

Seriously though, after reading through this thread, the word weird seems kind of fitting. I don't want to insult you, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Air is lava! posted:

I strongly suggest waiting for the refreshed geological report!

Yes, good, this is wise. Hold on a second, I'll give the order.

• Locked thread