Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I've just started on Pynchon's "V." I'm about 100 pages into it and enjoying it quite a bit, although the sudden shifts in time period and location are hard to keep track of. It feels like there are a lot of threads waiting to overlap but, having read Gravity's Rainbow I'm kind of expecting them not to. How does V. compare to that book?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I'm reading Bleeding Edge and while I can't say that I'm not enjoying it, it's not grabbing me the way Gravity's Rainbow and V. did. I think it's mostly the theme and time period the book's placed in, even though it makes some pop culture references that I would never, ever have expected out of a man 3 times my age. It's not strictly PoMo literature, but did anybody else read it?

• Locked thread