Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

While not normally called postmodern, I'm a big Raymond Carver fan and his style is postmodern. What We Talk About When We Talk About Love is one of the best books ever written. I love his sparse sentences and I actually try to write academic works in a Carver-esque manner. :blush:

A lot of his minimalism was due to his editor outright cutting whole chunks out of his stories you know. Later on Carver was not as hot on the whole idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Names of aurthors that a fun to say out loud: gaddis, delillo

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

The Vosgian Beast posted:

It's a postmodern novel that got popular so goons hate it.

Actually its just terrible and I am mad that I was tricked into reading it. Goons are the number one champions of it though so I do not know where you getting that from.

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

your welcome

• Locked thread