Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hog fat
Aug 31, 2016
my radical adherence to stoicism demands I be a raging islamophobic asshole. perhaps ten more days on twitter will teach me the errors of my ways
the last three posters are banal and pompous fa-words who should be relegated to D and D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hog fat
Aug 31, 2016
my radical adherence to stoicism demands I be a raging islamophobic asshole. perhaps ten more days on twitter will teach me the errors of my ways

at the date posted:

I'm reading Barth's The Sot-Weed Factor right now (the recent Dalkey reprint with a nice black-and-white hummingbird watercolor on the cover). I just looked at an excerpt from Chimera and I'm completely blown away by how radically different the style is. He really expertly imitates the late-Restoration British style (think, I dunno, Laurence Sterne) in Sot-Weed, and I'm a bit shocked that the same guy could have written both of these.

The Tunnel is sitting on my shelf waiting for me to take a long vacation.

I had a teacher who maintained Sot-Weed is the great American novel. I haven't read it so I'm curious as to what sense it reads postmodern?

• Locked thread