Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
I have seen a rough translation of this, but I am still super glad you are playing through it. I was so bummed out when the translation project failed miserably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

The Three Fairies are the best and must be used in every map.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Star 14.5

Super glad both for the fact that this is alive and that an English patch might finally some day be a reality.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Just missed the vote, but the three made it in at the buzzer, so I am content. Never not bring the three.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Luna leaving 5.5

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Luna leaving you 1 and done.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

And this is where the game goes completely unrealistic. We all know Mima doesn't exist anymore :colbert:

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Nages posted:

Mima is powerful in many ways and it is unwise to disrespect her.

The only thing powerful about Mima is her theme song. The rest of her should be forgotten.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

It's just not as funny. v:v:v

Also shame on you guys for not following the thread title. Now Reimu can only solo everything and end the chapter ASAP on Lunatic.

Let's Play Fantasy Maiden Wars P - Just use the Three Fairies of Light

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Luna for 7. The Fairies have clearly proven to be the best unit in the game and it would be a shame to stop using them now.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 29, 2015

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Lyrica's theme is pretty great, but I am partly biased cause Phantom Ensemble is my favorite Touhou theme period.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Fun Fact: I've been keeping track of who's been voted in, and nobody has ever picked either of the Akis.

I'm not sure if it was on purpose.

Truly the most irrelevant Touhous.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Ghost Team is still the Best Team.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Having finally gotten around to playing FMW2, I have to say the Aki Sisters own and I may start voting for Akis instead of Fairies.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Minoriko + Shizuha for 18. Aki Sisters now own.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 8, 2015

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

I am really glad they added dialogue to make you feel like a monster if you shot down Dai (or Lily). Some things just aren't right.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

It is obviously quite different from the actual IN stage, but I think FMW did it about as well as possible. Both sides clearly know the other isn't responsible for the incident, so a serious battle between the two sides before encountering the main baddy would be silly. Instead we get a lighthearted skirmish where both sides can show off and have a bit of fun. They could have put the emphasis on Reimu/Marisa, but I much prefer the current setup that features multiple powerful (and optional) foes over a single major boss. Maybe they could have removed the fight from in the IN story and had it set between incidents or something, but that would lead to its own problems.

The cause for the fight is a bit silly, but the chapter is absurdly fun, full of dialogue, and features many tricky enemies, so I can forgive that.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jul 13, 2015

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Akis leaving 15.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

I will take a break from the Akis to say we need all four teams, so Ghost Team leaving 32.5 because I am bad at maths.

And yes, Remilia is really lackluster in this game, but at least this chapter let Reisen unveil (most) of her moves and they own.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Sep 17, 2015

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Hellioning posted:

Taking a break from the Aki sisters? Madness! 12.5

You are the hero this thread deserves.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Remember those two chapters where Youmu had a map attack? That was nice. I miss that.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

It really sucks how a good portion of your party is missing for this upcoming arc. Can make a couple chapters really tricky.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Luna and Star leaving 9.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Lunasa for 20.5

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Nages posted:

I broke the video game again:

Is this the part where I vote for the Reimu + Reimu team?

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Youmu and FA Nitori leaving 22.

e: Sunny blocking Yorihime's best attack never ceases to amuse me. If only she could do that in the actual chapter. It coming after Remilia whiffs her cutscene attack makes it double good.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Oct 11, 2015

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Aki 1 and Aki 2 leaving 25.5. A shame they aren't allowed on the moon cause they would have made it so much easier.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 25, 2015

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Akis leaving 3.5.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Akis leaving 26.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

The Akis are forever. 40.5.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

So yeah, the final chapter is really really epic and fun to play, especially for the first time. So many terrifyingly powerful danmaku fields and MAPs that you want to blow through ASAP which will probably leave you really short on resources for the final card where Utsuho just keeps powering up to insane levels.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I am sad none of the characters I would have voted for got picked for the final level and I am very disappointed in Golden Battler and KnoxZone for not picking any fairies. :colbert:

Also, Shiro is now suddenly the biggest jerk and I hope she gets beaten up. She'd gotten a lot more grouchy this game but it has been a fairly quick jump from generally helpful dream mentor to unrepentant bird murderer who through being an rear end in a top hat almost caused literal hell on earth. Though I guess if you were to count her lines she probably had more in this game than in the first two combined.

Utsuho was a pretty cool looking final boss, and definitely seemed like the most appropriate final boss-esque character from all the games. Although I do kinda wish we got more scenes of her after she ate the Yatagarasu, because through most of SA the team had no idea what was going on and so she got sort of ignored for a few chapters. Still a pretty well done story though.

Sorry but the Akis are permanent and I felt the Prismrivers belonged cause they are the strongest unit and needed to show that off. I also picked Kaguya/Mokou because everyone else had a representative team and I chose solo Eirin at the end cause I am not so merciless to not suggest a healer. Everyone else was Battler. What I am saying is all the bad choices are Battler's fault and you should blame him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Good job on turning the weird gibberish in these games that I love into real English words. Much appreciated.

• Locked thread