Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Cirno really should get a massive bonus for having the most kills. "Eye am the strongest."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

BlitzBlast posted:

An entirely accurate summation of trying to hit AyTengu A in MoF.

Seriously, her spellcards. :argh:

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Shei-kun posted:

Oh my god, those poor Aki sisters.

"FEAR OUR NEW COMBINATION ATTA- Sister, no!" *boyoing*

Just... no respect in combat.

Well, they shouldn't have picked a fight with a potato. :colbert:

Also, I liked the touch of Marisa and ChiMeiling remembering how Flandre's power works at the last possible moment.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Cirno is in. 11.0 remaining. Only the stongerest will survive.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

what the hell is this team

Fairies vs Gods! FIGHT.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Aww man, the slowest ghost actually shows up? I'm sad that this LP didn't get far enough for that, but I totally understand having priorities above playing games for the internet. Hopefully the translation project continues or somebody picks up the LP. (Or I learn to read Japanese but that's pretty unlikely too.)

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Mokou leaving .5

Ardeem fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Mar 25, 2015

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Shei-kun posted:

Clearly, we need a story arc that is just Suika and Meiling going off on buddy cop adventures.

Drunken Kung-Fu buddy cop adventures.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Given this is Touhou, the most apropriate time for an april fools joke would be in september.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

Apparently Sanbondo will be releasing the trial version of FMW4 next Reitaisai (5/10). :toot:

The title is probably going to be 幻想少女大戦花, which is going to be kind of awkward in english since the english title of Touhou 9 is Phantasmagoria of Flower View. Is it gonna be FMW Po?

Actually I guess I'd go for maximum in-joke and name it FMW F(lower). And hey, it's the japanese name too!

Huh, I wonder what they're going to do with the plot? Yuka didn't vanish for a few years in this timeline, so instead of "What the hell is up with all the flowers and ghosts?" won't the default assumption be "Goddamnit Yukari!"

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

What, no Marisa force deploy?

*edit*
The god of the Hakurei Shrine has spoken and says I've voted for Reimu

Ardeem fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 16, 2015

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Clarste posted:

I'm surprised no one's commenting on the fact that Marisa is suddenly in a different game. I know it took me off guard the first time I played this. Although I guess it's just expected that FMW will be filled with foreshadowing future plot points, now that Sanae's role has been fulfilled.

Clearly this is so that Marisa can recruit an oni and an incredibly annoying to fight against raven of her own.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

I was going to post something about it being too bad about Patchy and Koa's attack, but MIMA:swoon:

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Clarste posted:

A stage 4 boss that's way higher level than she is right now, and gets auto-Alert every turn. Blitz and I discussed this: Marisa would get totally wrecked by Satori if she tried to fight her right now.

Reimu would win though.

Clearly what she needs to do is run in with a super to eat the Alert and then think really hard about that one time she got clipped by icicle fall [easy].

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Clarste posted:

Gah, I knew that if I went to sleep early, no one would vote for Nazrin.

Yes she is, so why didn't you vote for her?

Anyway, these chapters clearly demonstrate that the plot of PCB is kind of boring compared to SA and UFO, or at least that the writers feel like they can do more with those.

The plot of SA hasn't started. Sanae hasn't even had the brilliant idea that set SA off yet. She hasn't even met the character that gives her the idea.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think this might be spoilers isn't it? Because that's not how SA goes down in the regular games.

Clarste posted:

Honestly, I have no idea what he's talking about either.

The Moriya Shrine gods turned Utsuho into a nuclear hell raven because Sanae mentioned that she missed having electricity after talking to somebody else.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Having gone and looked at the extra stage dialogue again, uh yeah. My bad for misremembering. Sorry.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Star for 13.5

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Thanks!

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

If that's the reason, then I can't wait until we get a Godmars reference.

But the unmoving great library is Patchy and she's already *in* the game.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

Just you wait they'll cover Fairy Wars and all the Fairies involved will get upgrades and become Top Tier.

Cirno picks up a perfect freeze bar that goes up when she grazes and eventually makes her immune to danmaku?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Luna for 7 points left.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Thread is clearly biased against potatoes.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Congrats on making it to the end! For a bit it didn't look like you were going to make it, but here you are!

I assume there's going to be a few weeks/months off before you decide if you're going to do the next part or not.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Cirno to round things out.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Man, I've just thought of a great team for next round Nameless Midbosses Daiyousei and Koakuma. But it'll probably just be another Precure.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Hard Working Servants: Sakuya + Koakuma for 4.5, leaving 11

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Nages posted:

All of Hatate's attacks are super goofy looking and therefore super great.

... It's a good thing that Reimu isn't completly overpowered in this game or the moment that your avatar text is quoted from would be downright impossible.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Man, I wasn't paying enough attention to vote, but all the chars I wanted in are in, just not in the formations I would have picked! Maybe next chapter.

*edit* Maybe if/when Mima shows for FMW4 she'll steal some moves from Touhou soccer.

Ardeem fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jun 6, 2015

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Pet theory: One of the settings on Yuyuko's kill anything power is "How to make them die of embarasment."

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

Incidentally the framing of this chapter would have worked a lot better back in FMW1, where Reimu was legitimately the only good unit in the army. Hell, it even could have worked in FMW2, when the group was mostly composed of small fry.

But here? Oh no, Reimu went down. Whatever will Yuyuko, Yukari, and Ran do. :geno:

Then again they managed to work in a Super Dangerous Prototype and the accompanying scenes into the Touhou setting so points for that.

Well, you have to have a human solve the incident, and Yomu only half counts, Sanae is still learning how to do it, and Hijari doesn't count as human anymore.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

I was going to say you had Meiling's portrait for one of Marisa's lines, but it's been fixed now.

Also, holy poo poo Marisa, UPGRADE GET. Also, I see that they've chosen to ignore the hints that Marisa's planning on becoming a yokai magician. Live fast, die young, leave a good looking corpse.

(Also, all of these Mad Max emotes and none of them are WHITENESS ME!! For shame.)

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

You monsters, nobody voted for Star!

Also, it's kinda funny that Marisa has the easier fight here, given what actually fighting Reimu in IN is like.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Let's see how broken we can make the three fairies.
Star costs 1.5 leaving us 35.

*edit*
I suppose now that I've got my vote in I should say things like "YAY It's BACK!" and [sanaehappy} doesn't auto replace. already fixed.

Ardeem fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Sep 15, 2015

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Border Team might as well get some expositing in. 16.5

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

I think if I were to remake this from the beginning, I'd give every character a map attack, but make them cost bombs to use. They'd also come with the bonus of overwriting danmaku fields for a turn.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Send in the special team!

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Alice and Patchy for Team Shipping War
I think my biggest regret is that even if they get to the moon, there won't be a Clownpiece in this game.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Let's get Shou some more levels. 0

Also, disapointed that isn't clownpiece.png.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Are they all sharing the same power and EN again?

• Locked thread