Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh hey, you finally started this! Seems like I'll have some catching up to do. Awesome job so far though! Love all the details and intricate extra stuff. Hope there won't be any burnout despite the updating schedule, this work's pretty huge.

EDIT: I see LPer luck is still somehow a thing. Statistics seem to have been created just to screw you over, heh.
I don't see anyway to improve Alice by IN really... I suppose the full Malice Cannon will be available by then but I'm not seeing her getting Grimoire or Grand Guignole related attacks anytime soon. Although maybe...deploying Titania and Goliath Dolls?

Bart Roberts III posted:

:allears: I can already tell Mokou's going to fit in just fine around here.

If it's not directly apparent, Mokou basically just said she eats birds for breakfast. It's a little reference to one time Mokou threatened Aya away from annoying her by saying she owned a grill.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Actually, I think it's more of a reference to Mokou's bio in Perfect Memento in Strict Sense where Akyuu states that the only description Mokou ever gives about herself is "A health nut that runs a yakitori stand". :eng101:

Oh man, I need to go over my side-stories/material again. These games have a knack of managing to dig up every possible detail you can think of.

HGH fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Aug 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Sudden trailer was pretty cool.

BlitzBlast posted:

Reimu, Marisa, and Keine are all guaranteed to see some sort of upgrade, so Alice is pretty likely to get something to match up. And she's got a convenient power boost literally right in her hands, so yeah. Not really sure what would make her use it, but I guess we'll find out in about a week! :toot:

Well, whatever gets me a Grimoire of Alice remix, I'm not complaining. And yup, seems like you were spot on for who gets power-upped (well it was a long time coming anyway).

Fred is on posted:

Echoing the sentiment that it's weird to see Reimu, of all people, brooding like that. I like the writing in these games but this particular beat isn't really working. I hope she doesn't spend too long getting over her funk.
Eh, whenever Reimu does fret over her shrine in the official stuff it doesn't really last. Like, it'll barely be a page or a comment or so.

Jeek posted:

Nice to see this LP. I enjoyed the last one a lot.

:siren: History alert ahead :hist101: :siren:

Meiling's Last Stand ability, on the other hand, refers to the Battle of Jingxing where the famous general Han Xin led his troops to a bridgehead with a river to their back before fighting a superior army (which means they didn't get to escape if they lost). After their victory, the officers asked Han why he made such an odd deployment, and Han went "well, would you even bother to fight if I gave you an escape route? :smug:"

Hmm...That's funny. This is very reminiscent of something that a Berber/Ummayad General did in Gibraltar. After landing there with his troops, he suppsoedly burned down all their ships and declared:
"O People ! There is nowhere to run away! The sea is behind you, and the enemy in front of you!"
I guess uh... great minds think alike? Despite a 500+ year gap?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's kinda crazy how rough and experimental the first game looks by comparison. At the time I thought it was really good but looking at this and its sequel it's just insane how much they improved on the formula.

Best of luck with the translation.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I somehow completely failed to notice the latest (er, month old) update. Must have accidentally closed the tab at some point, it was at the bottom of my bookmarks.

Sucks for Nitori that her upgrade really doesn't have much of an impact. She has some really silly/cool animations. But Keine survived the transition to the next games a lot better than her, even though they weren't way too different in the first one.
Anyway, knowing what the real Nitori is like nowadays all this drama is kinda silly.

BlitzBlast posted:

I have no idea what Meiling and Sakuya are actually saying, so I just made something up. Check the rough draft if you want to try.
I took a crack at this and after wasting a bunch of time , I think Meiling's saying that all their opponents are going all out, while Sakuya is saying something to the extent that sometimes you gotta beat people up to convince them? Maybe?

HGH fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 26, 2014

• Locked thread