Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also, it's strange to see Reimu angsting about not being a good enough shrine maiden. I know self-doubt is one of the easiest ways to have character development, but it seems really forced when Reimu's the one being so self-conscious.

To be fair, Reimu really is a poo poo shrine-maiden. In the normal sense, not the Touhou sense where the primary job of being a shrine-maiden is murder. A good writer could have sold it, but yeah, it's kinda forced here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

If I recall correctly, this dates back to the Trojan War at least, where King Menelaus ordered the Greek boats burned to stop his warriors from giving up after a ten-year siege.

How they got back home after sacking Troy is, as far as I'm aware, left unanswered.

Presumably, the Trojans themselves had some ships.

• Locked thread