Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cuc
Nov 25, 2013
I can totally feel your pain.

quote:

そこは上手くやって頂戴。
Without knowing the context, I think this line means

somewhat literal translation posted:

I beg you to do it skillfully.

そこ here means "me"; 頂戴 is the humble word for "receive", but essentially means "please" here (the etymology of the word would be fun to talk about).

So, probably

quote:

Please put in your good work.

cuc fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jul 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuc
Nov 25, 2013

Jeek posted:

Meiling's Last Stand ability, on the other hand, refers to the Battle of Jingxing where the famous general Han Xin led his troops to a bridgehead with a river to their back before fighting a superior army (which means they didn't get to escape if they lost). After their victory, the officers asked Han why he made such an odd deployment, and Han went "well, would you even bother to fight if I gave you an escape route? :smug:"

This is also a reference to the dialogue between Meiling and Reimu in EoSD.

Touhou wiki posted:

Meiling: drat. Time for my last stand combat formation!
Reimu: You're going to set up a formation all by yourself?

• Locked thread