Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nook
Jan 27, 2015

Suwa War exists too, not that anyone uses both Suwako and Kanako regularly.

edit: wow edits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

It's pretty disappointing. Fighting everyone on the other route was interesting but it came with a cost of neutering the actual fight between Reimu/Marisa. Instead of using both their fancy new spells, they only get one card. Marisa doesn't even use Final Spark, just an attack that she should have grown of. It's a MAP, too, which she's never used before and never uses again. It's just really... bland, I guess? Even though you're fighting the other main character, there's no actual hype. Marisa's allies are way more impressive than her, not that they don't have their own issues (Wriggle can't use Nightbug Storm or Wriggle Kick, Alice can't use her new moves, Hina's 1-2 range attack is still Melee-type from the demo).

Really 40R is just an awful chapter. 40M is a bit better, but not without its problems as mentioned before. Sanbondo spent too much time on the quantity part of it without taking the time to make the actual boss fight any kind of interesting.

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

Tewi

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

Based on data-mining the Dream demo it looks like the final boss is going to be Mimaa completely original character.

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

Canon Byakuren is kind of a bad person so it's totally reasonable for her to not like Shou upon being unsealed, especially if she's with a bunch of humans like she was before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

She does, but in the same game Patchouli also runs into an Oni (after completely ignoring the actual culprit), so it's not unreasonable that she'd do something like watch the underground to keep the filthy Onis out of her own accord.

On the subject of the FMW's writing, I feel as if it's less improving with each iteration and more how a big part of Mystic's story fell completely on its face, since I really liked the writing in Scarlet and nothing in Mystic came close to that level. Now that Satori's terrible horrible no good very bad day has been translated I actually got reinvested into the overall story of FMW, even if it's a little jarring seeing what Gensokyo is actually like in the modern print works.
What I'm trying to say is that Sanbondo is good at writing families with terrible communication issues.

Nook fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Dec 8, 2015

• Locked thread