Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Welcome, friends, to today's match day thread! Today we'll have a number of exciting games, and perhaps some nice goals that we can all remember this world cup for!

First in line is Italy vs. Costa Rica:

Both teams won their first games, Italy against the Brave English Lions and Costa Rica against Racist Uruguay. This match will be crucial, as the winner, if there is one, will most likely advance to the round of 16. Costa Rica, CONCACAF (which stands for poo poo at Football but they don't really know how to spell) underdogs are out to show the world they are not there just to complete the numbers and will try to match their Italy 90 record. Italy, on the other hand, are expected to win this, and if they contain all their hand-gesturing and actually play the game, they will have a chance. Costa Rica's fast paced game should prove to be a test for the slower Italian side. We'll have an interesting game, and one that could define the future of England in the competition.

Second game today is Switzerland vs. France:

If you have ever met a Swiss person, you'll know they are good at only a certain number of things, such as making watches, keeping secret bank accounts for fat Americans, racism and cultural appropriation. No one really cares about this team except the rare Swiss posters who declare themselves as actual Swiss. They do have Xherdan Shaqiri though, and it's a joy to watch him, so don't be stupid and think of missing this game. On the other hand, the French team is just mediocre with a pinch of luck. They are not an entertaining team to watch, but they are France, so there's that.

The final game for the day is Honduras vs. Ecuador:

Honduras are not a good team. They understandably lost to France. I mean I don't think an Algerian man would ever let himself be beaten by someone from a country with a name like Honduras, so there is that too. Ecuador are supposed to be better but they lost to Switzerland, so they are probably bad and fail. Who knows anyway, it may even be better than watching Russia - South Korea. I don't give a poo poo, I'll watch it because it's the loving World Cup. Anyway, I think Honduras was one of the first teams I completed in my World Cup Sticker Album, probably because their stickers were ridiculously common and no one wanted to keep them. Ecuador was harder to get so I think they have the edge here.

So please enjoy and follow your posting dreams. Don't hold back, blame the refs, yell a bit, do some retarded gimmick posts like the idiot who's posted "joga bonitolol" a metaphorical 1488 times. It's the World Cup. And it's in Brazil. Follow your posting hearts.

Posting this way

advanced statsman fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jun 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Nice OP

Saoritficis
Apr 23, 2008
Indeed, better OP.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Shame you got the date wrong in the topic.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
lovely thread title

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

good op but the first image shouldn't be timg'd imo

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Elliptical Dick posted:

Shame you got the date wrong in the topic.

lmao gas, ban, etc

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
lol my mod buttons are not working pls greg fix it

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
It's still coming home

Saoritficis
Apr 23, 2008

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

It's still coming home

No. No, it's not. You need the stars to align and Great Cthulu to rise from his sleep for football to come home this time around.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
great OP, didn't notice the date, who loving cares, it's the World Cup

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

i think the world cup is cancelled because football is gay and fail??? can someone confirm?

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Saoritficis posted:

No. No, it's not. You need the stars to align and Great Cthulu to rise from his sleep for football to come home this time around.

Actually we just need 3 football games to have somewhat likely results occur

Saoritficis
Apr 23, 2008

Bland posted:

Actually we just need 3 football games to have somewhat likely results occur

If by "somewhat" you mean "highly un-"

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
England are not out yet and it would be hard to imagine Italy not winning against Costa Rica, though the same could've been said about Uruguay-Costa Rica. I still think England can make it through tbh.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Raffles posted:

i think the world cup is cancelled because football is gay and fail??? can someone confirm?

no they'll cancel it after spain lose to australia and everyone just dances of the corpse of the spanish team, fifa declares the rest of the world the winners. its coming home

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
I believe in Balotelli, the queen has offered him a blowy behind the bike sheds if he scored a hat trick tonight

Saoritficis
Apr 23, 2008
Ah whatever, Italy is gonna win today and the England question will be resolved.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Saoritficis posted:

If by "somewhat" you mean "highly un-"

"Yeah expecting Italy to beat Costa Rica and Uruguay is some crazy poo poo" - A thing somebody that knows nothing about football might say

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Honduras v Ecuador? Phwoar that'll be a right cracker. Might even live up to Japan v Greece from last night!

Saoritficis
Apr 23, 2008

Bland posted:

"Yeah expecting Italy to beat Costa Rica and Uruguay is some crazy poo poo" - A thing somebody that knows nothing about football might say

Okay, it has come to my attention that Italy has to win, not lose. It seems I was talking out my rear end there.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Saoritficis posted:

Ah whatever, Italy is gonna win today and the England question will be resolved.

I dont think you understand the results needed for England to progress.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Saoritficis posted:

i don't think you understand

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

Anyone know what show this is from? TIA.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

vyelkin posted:

Honduras v Ecuador? Phwoar that'll be a right cracker. Might even live up to Japan v Greece from last night!

it'll at least be violent and ecuador could score. japs v greece was absolutely loving awful

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

FiftySeven posted:

bob burger

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

FiftySeven posted:

StupidVideos.com idiot

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Bland posted:

StupidVideos.com idiot

dont sign your posts, haha

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

signed, ninjasteve

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

FiftySeven posted:

Leeds vs. Portsmouth

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

vyelkin posted:

Leeds vs. Portsmouth

Hey hey hey, I hope that you are not trying to imply that Leeds are not the best team in the....

You know what? gently caress it. I don't think for a second anyone anywhere could honestly think that I believe Leeds are any good at all. Just leave me with my tarnished childhood memories, they are all I have now :smith:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

we all love leeds

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Bogan Krkic posted:

we all love leeds

In spite of the past 15 years or so, yes.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

i cant believe we were had by serey die, he wasnt crying about his dad dying

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Bogan Krkic posted:

we all love leeds

i, for one, loving hate leeds

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Raffles posted:

i, for one, loving hate leeds

wow, no need for this anger here in the mdt

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Bogan Krkic posted:

wow, no need for this anger here in the mdt

poo poo town, poo poo little club

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Raffles posted:

poo poo town, poo poo little club

cool it, pussy

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
i have been to leeds, once, i am not planning on going there again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

so how about that world cup

• Locked thread