Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr
If you think the issue is with the user written queries to the database, you could enable some query logging for queries that are taking over a set amount of time. I'm pretty sure PGSQL has some settings to enable and capture this. Might be another option to help you figure out what's going wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

CapnAndy posted:

I've got a mobile app to rewrite at work and a really generous deadline, so I figured I'd take time and play with all the new toys, see what they're like. So I made a MAUI/Blazor hybrid app, and... this is a website. This is a literal, css-using, wwwroot-folder-having, website. They've somehow tricked it into running as a desktop or mobile app, but the code itself is pure website.

And I get what Microsoft is going for, right? If they can unify every design case into "just write it in this one language, we'll compile it appropriately for you", everyone's life gets appreciably easier. But it's been a loving decade since I did web development in any major capacity and it's a bit annoying that we've taken in all of web design's weaknesses too and jettisoned strengths of coding for apps, so now the codebehind just plain can't see anything you put on the razor pages, hope you didn't need sender in any of your event args.

Is it known to what degree this is gonna be the way things go in the future? Like, if Microsoft intends to continue the pressure to turn everything into a Blazor app, okay, gently caress it, I'll start learning web design. But if it's not, I... kinda don't want to.

I'd love to know where y'all land, I'm in a similar situation at work. EOL Xamarin App, and looking to move to something else.