Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PapFinn
Jul 15, 2003

I am Ron Pearlman's illigitimate love child.
I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but I'm working on picking up some job specific skills to make myself more useful with my company. We are using Classic ASP with Visual Basic. My understanding is that this is a significantly different environment that a ASP.Net/VB.Net environment.

Is that an accurate statement? If so, are there any suggested online resources for learning Classic ASP/VB? So far I'm looking at w3schools and http://www.tizag.com but I'm not sure if either of those are my best place to start or if I should just find some old books.

Any current sources for online learning are obviously focusing on modern frameworks, not stuck firmly in the past like my company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU