Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

General Ironicus posted:

Like Wolverine, Wario only has three months to live. Unlike Wolverine, it's because of his cholesterol.

Why is Wolverine dying this time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Zain posted:

Why is Wolverine dying this time?

Sales of his titles have slowed down?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, Captain Syrup and the contents of the pirate shop just makes me believe she found all the places where the Shake King hid your standard Protagonist Treasures like health vials, and she's selling Wario maps to everywhere else.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Samizdata posted:

Or you could just do it because you love us and want to see us happy and this LP is making many of us happy...

Alright, but only because you're all such sweeties!

=============================================

:siren:Update Time!:siren:

It's time to go into the final world of the game! What treacherous traps could the Shake King have put in our way now that we're so close to the end of our journey?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

JordanKai posted:

Alright, but only because you're all such sweeties!

=============================================

It's time to go into the final world of the game! What treacherous traps could the Shake King have put in our way now that we're so close to the end of our journey?

Yay! All hail JordanKai the bringer of shaky joy!

Edit: (Post-video - "Imma Wario's lawyer and Imma gonna win!")

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Aug 11, 2014

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Wow, that first level was really gorgeous. Do all Wario games have levels like that?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Samizdata posted:

Edit: (Post-video - "Imma Wario's lawyer and Imma gonna win!")

What better way to make a lot of money than to beat someone in a court case! :v:

Nihilarian posted:

Wow, that first level was really gorgeous. Do all Wario games have levels like that?

I wouldn't say so, no. Most of the other Wario Land games are much more active and crazy in tone to match Wario's personality. This game is much more laid back compared to those.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

JordanKai posted:

What better way to make a lot of money than to beat someone in a court case! :v:

And it really reduces the chance of horrible death, to boot!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

It's time.

The Treasury has also been updated!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

JordanKai posted:

It's time.

I sure am glad you are skilled.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
I've been without internet for a long time! You finally did the thing! Your honor is restored. You have raised yourself from scrub to bub. Bubbly that is, like the champagne that you're drinking.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Good job knocking the poo poo out of that guy, that fight looked super hard!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
My favourite touch of the Shake King fight was that shaking him makes money come out. He's been hoarding his infinite wealth the proper way: in his incredibly deep pockets. It truly was a mirror match!

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
The challenges are much easier if you do them a few at a time, but I'm amazed by the skill it takes to do everything in these levels in one go.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

A minor point, but interestingly, van Helsing killed Dracula by shanking him with a Bowie knife.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Man, I'm looking forward to these next few videos, I could barely finish some of those bonus levels, let alone get all the challenges. This is going to be great.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, I thought those completion percentages were getting kinda suspicious.

Oh by the way, internet says the etymology of 'schooner' is dubious. It certainly looks like a Dutch word, but cleaner? No. Another meaning of the Dutch word 'schoon' is good-looking. Whatever might be the case, I was pleasantly surprised by how well you pronounced the Dutch 'sch', probably the most difficult sound in the language.

Carbon dioxide fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Aug 14, 2014

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

I've been without internet for a long time! You finally did the thing! Your honor is restored. You have raised yourself from scrub to bub. Bubbly that is, like the champagne that you're drinking.

:cool::hf::cool:

Grapplejack posted:

Good job knocking the poo poo out of that guy, that fight looked super hard!

It's pretty dang tough! The first half of the fight is a pretty simple pattern so once you've figured that out it shouldn't give you too much trouble. The part in the clouds gave me a lot of trouble even after I knew exactly how it went and how to play through it. :shepicide:

General Ironicus posted:

The challenges are much easier if you do them a few at a time, but I'm amazed by the skill it takes to do everything in these levels in one go.

It takes a lot of skill but more importantly it takes a lot of planning. Wario Land: Shake It really is a thinking man's game! :engleft:

Carbon dioxide posted:

I was pleasantly surprised by how well you pronounced the Dutch 'sch', probably the most difficult sound in the language.

Hmm, I wonder why...

:ssh:

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 14, 2014

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I do like final bosses where you recognize yourself in what they do and go to counter.

Calling it now, though: the Shake King actually is a robot who was supposed to protect the princess and went out of control.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

It's about time we take off our floaters and learn how to swim (in money) for real! With the Shake King defeated we can now visit the secret levels!

And the secret levels do not mess around.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Yeah, this is the point where I was going "gently caress the missions." Good to see you still doing incredible feats to clear as many as possible in one run.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
This is where the game gets tough, I remember having to do some of these levels quite a few times before I got all the challenges. Still enjoyable all the way though!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Well, not airborne, but there is the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Even in the 'real' world, the moon doesn't have Wario's face. That's because Wario Land 1's canon ending was where he got the castle you see in Wario Land 2.

By the way, for the second level, that run back seems a lot easier if you don't try to combine the silver coin/enemy avoiding missions with the timer mission. You can just make those jumps without using the dasherator.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Carbon dioxide posted:

Even in the 'real' world, the moon doesn't have Wario's face. That's because Wario Land 1's canon ending was where he got the castle you see in Wario Land 2.

:raise: I don't think this is a thing. When Captain Syrup's castle blows up there's a giant statue of Princess Peach that Mario comes by and steals because Mario is a jerk. Then Wario wishes for a big castle to replace the one Mario took.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Carbon dioxide posted:

By the way, for the second level, that run back seems a lot easier if you don't try to combine the silver coin/enemy avoiding missions with the timer mission. You can just make those jumps without using the dasherator.

The problem is that you can't combine the money mission with the timer mission either. If I would do the money and enemy avoiding missions seperately from the timer mission it would require three runs through the level and that just would not do!

Samizdata posted:

Well, not airborne, but there is the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus.

Oh god why is this a thing aaaaaah! :gonk:

Good. <:mad:>

In all honesty the website did look kinda fishy but it had no "this is a joke" disclaimer page so I just kind of took it at face value. :v:

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 24, 2014

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

JordanKai posted:

Oh god why is this a thing aaaaaah! :gonk:

It's not.

Robust Laser
Oct 13, 2012

Dance, Spaceman, Dance!

I feel disappointed. Tree octopi would be rad.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Spoily McSpoilson, of the Spoilton McSpoilsons...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Shya right, next you'll be telling me jackalopes are fake too.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Shya right, next you'll be telling me jackalopes are fake too.

There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy, dear Horati...Bruceski.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
"There's a subtle lesson to be learned here."

Oh, Wario, you old softy.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Octopuses do not belong in the sky.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

We're going to delve deeper into the secrets of The Shake Dimension. We probably shouldn't be hanging around the vulcano for so long though. What if it erupts?

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
I'm pretty sure in the 2nd secret level of this game, the enemies and coins are setup in a tempo to match the music.

I like little things like that.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

The thing on a map is specifically called a compass rose. :eng101:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

majormonotone posted:

The thing on a map is specifically called a compass rose. :eng101:

Aghh dammit, I actually knew that one too! :arghfist::(

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

A secret within a secret? How much more fiendish will the designs become?

GKirby
Jun 19, 2008

I DID IT ALL FOR THE GAMBIT
I mean, it's not that fiendish. It tells you where the maps are located. We knew the map was there before we even played the level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like those levels where you're on a timer right from the start. Kind of an interesting twist from your usual.

• Locked thread