Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

:siren: Update Time! :siren:

It's been a while since the last episode, oops! I accidentally got caught up in the Smash Bros Japanese launch. We better get the last episode out by October 3rd or else this LP is never going to get finished! :ohdear:

Anyway, it's time to go into World 3! Unlike in World 2, we will be revisiting the two best archetypes this world had to offer. These levels are starting to get pretty hard though. Let's hope our training paid off!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

You guys were SO close to a "vodka WAHtini, shaken not stirred" joke.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

JordanKai posted:

Unlike in World 2, we will be revisiting the two best archetypes this world had to offer.
Though saying that, something weird happens here - because there's no bonus level equivalent of the Stonetooth Cave/Itsall Mine levels, the hurry-up music for those levels doesn't get a name and (as far as I know) can't be unlocked in the game. All the other hurry-up music gets named after the bonus level it appears in, and is unlocked by doing the missions for that bonus level. E.g. the Glittertown hurry-up music is called Neon City, the Wreck Train hurry-up music is called Derailed Express. But for this one, it's just called Stonetooth Cave Part 2.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Bruceski posted:

You guys were SO close to a "vodka WAHtini, shaken not stirred" joke.

We're not providing the quality content our viewers deserve! :arghfist::saddowns:

Paul.Power posted:

Though saying that, something weird happens here - because there's no bonus level equivalent of the Stonetooth Cave/Itsall Mine levels, the hurry-up music for those levels doesn't get a name and (as far as I know) can't be unlocked in the game. All the other hurry-up music gets named after the bonus level it appears in, and is unlocked by doing the missions for that bonus level. E.g. the Glittertown hurry-up music is called Neon City, the Wreck Train hurry-up music is called Derailed Express. But for this one, it's just called Stonetooth Cave Part 2.

Yep, it's very strange! I guess that's the result of having two levels in the same world that share runback music.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The train level had a really neat aesthetic to it. Maybe I'm just marking out for trains, but it was still neat to watch.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Glazius posted:

The train level had a really neat aesthetic to it. Maybe I'm just marking out for trains, but it was still neat to watch.

Has the train level ever not been the best level of the game it's in? :colbert:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

dijon du jour posted:

Has the train level ever not been the best level of the game it's in? :colbert:

Sonic 2006, unless you're using a very sadistic definition of "best".

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

:siren:Update Time!:siren:

I forgot to update the thread two weeks in a row again. :sweatdrop: From here on out I won't be leaving you all out to dry any more, though! The last three episodes are all recorded and will be uploaded in quick succession!

(I wanted to have the whole LP done before the release date of Smash Bros but WHAT CAN YOU DO? v:v:v)

The treasury has also been updated!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I wouldn't be surprised if Wario moonlighted as a rocket scientist. After all, Mario is a doctor and Luigi is a ghostbuster.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Only if he knows that other planets have gold, too.

Eyre Kneed
Jul 1, 2008

You're the worst Wario. You just throw away treasure to get to secret maps? For shame.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Wario would not ride a skateboard because Wario's a ne'er-do-well and skateboarding is not a crime.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I thought it was weird that the mission% was below the treasure and levels% but I just finally noticed something this update. The boss fights totally have missions now. Don't know how I missed that before, but that's gonna be interesting to see. Mainly since beyond "don't take any damage" I'm not sure what they even could be.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Bruceski posted:

Wario would not ride a skateboard because Wario's a ne'er-do-well and skateboarding is not a crime.

I think I know of a few 90s movies that say otherwise. :colbert:

Dragonatrix posted:

I thought it was weird that the mission% was below the treasure and levels% but I just finally noticed something this update. The boss fights totally have missions now. Don't know how I missed that before, but that's gonna be interesting to see. Mainly since beyond "don't take any damage" I'm not sure what they even could be.

Some of them actually get pretty creative (and tough)!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Where the heck in the U.K. were you where the summer was not great? It's been fantastic in Scotland.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
I would argue every level has the end right at the beginning.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

MR. J posted:

Only if he knows that other planets have gold, too.

http://www.wired.com/2012/10/diamond-exoplanet/

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Samovar posted:

Where the heck in the U.K. were you where the summer was not great? It's been fantastic in Scotland.
Same here really, in Wales August was terrible, but July and September were really good (June's too long ago for me to remember what it was like now :v: ).

Continued music chat: yep, Launchpad Labyrinth has the same music for both tracks as Stonecarving City, and both levels share their run-back music (which, as per tradition, is also called Launchpad Labyrinth) with Run-Down Pyramid.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

quote:

So once we’ve nailed warp drive and can hop over to the planet, expect the cost of diamonds to plummet significantly.
Aside from vanity jewelry and buzzsaws, I don't quite see any other real application for diamonds that would generate a demand to fit that quantity. I guess the black boxes in planes, but those are already nigh-indestructible.

Maybe diamond plated armored vehicles.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

MR. J posted:

Aside from vanity jewelry and buzzsaws, I don't quite see any other real application for diamonds that would generate a demand to fit that quantity. I guess the black boxes in planes, but those are already nigh-indestructible.

Maybe diamond plated armored vehicles.

I'm pretty sure diamonds are brittle, so they'd make pretty lovely armor or anything else where you'd expect them to flex during use. Industrial diamonds are mounted to other materials and mostly just act as cutters or abraders.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
The cost of diamonds is already artificially massively inflated by the De Beers Cartel so even if we were able to mine that planet for diamonds it wouldn't impact the price of diamonds at all because the price of diamonds has nothing to do with the supply thanks to De Beers.

e: WarioWear: Villainous Outfitters sounds like something that needs to happen.

Neruz fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Oct 4, 2014

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

The end is drawing ever nearer! Today we're going to head into World 5 and go through the last couple of hidden levels. On top of that, we're also going to get one of the game's greatest rewards. :cool:

I'll update the Treasury at some point in the future. I didn't get a chance to take pictures of all the treasure descriptions today. :ohdear:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
A mammoth might have been entombed in ice, it would probably be easier in the ice age.

Also of all the things to comment on, Santa Wario's Italian-British accent is the best. I can see why you brought on Ikwaylx. :allears:

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009
When you crouch jump, Wario does a swan dive.

Logically, a cool person would swan dive when going into water. Something you don't do, JordanKai of the Something Awful Forums.

LP Rating: 2/10

Comments: Even if the LP Thread was gold, Wario wouldn't bother.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

ManlyGrunting posted:

A mammoth might have been entombed in ice, it would probably be easier in the ice age.

Also of all the things to comment on, Santa Wario's Italian-British accent is the best. I can see why you brought on Ikwaylx. :allears:

"Why would a mammoth be frozen if we're still in the ice age, didn't they die at the end of the ice age?" is the same as "If we evolved from monkeys why are there still monkeys around?"

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

RickDaedalus posted:

When you crouch jump, Wario does a swan dive.

Logically, a cool person would swan dive when going into water. Something you don't do, JordanKai of the Something Awful Forums.

LP Rating: 2/10

Comments: Even if the LP Thread was gold, Wario wouldn't bother.

Carbon dioxide posted:

"Why would a mammoth be frozen if we're still in the ice age, didn't they die at the end of the ice age?" is the same as "If we evolved from monkeys why are there still monkeys around?"

Getting clowned on by my own thread. I can't believe this. :saddowns:

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

JordanKai posted:

I'm not even the one doing it! What's wrong with this picture?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

All that talk about Wario in Japanese history and no one mentioned the Warioing States period.

For shame, thread, for shame.

Ikwaylx
Aug 19, 2011

Drop the bandibass!

Samovar posted:

West Yorkshire had some pretty bad flooding sometime over August, lots of unpleasantness and storms. I even went to Dundee and was surprised how warm it was, but eh that's just British weather luck I suppose.

ManlyGrunting posted:

It is the reason why I'm here after all, my terrible impressions will one day be noticed. :mmmhmm:

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

All that talk about Wario in Japanese history and no one mentioned the Warioing States period.

For shame, thread, for shame.
Wahtini and now Warioing states?! Damnit, we were much better in the Crash Bandicoot days at this. :T

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009

JordanKai posted:

We all know you're doing it to yourself. This all started the second you chose "Gross" as the thread tag over "Treasure".

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

We're finally here! It's time to finish of the Shake King once and for all and claim our reward rescue the Merfles and their realm!

Thanks for watching everybody. :)

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
It's like your wii remote knew the perfect time to dick you over.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I don't think gold is toxic, it's just too soft. I know that there is a kind of dessert that uses gold foil, and people eat that.

Thanks for the LP guys!

EDIT: I can't believe I misspelled dessert. :saddowns:

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Oct 11, 2014

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
God, that was quite possibly the best and most Wario ending this game could have.

(Spoiler'd in case someone hasn't watched the video yet)

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Nihilarian posted:

I don't think gold is toxic, it's just too soft. I know that there is a kind of desert that uses gold foil, and people eat that.

Thanks for the LP guys!

Pure Gold is the least toxic metal. You can eat the drat stuff and poo poo sparkles all week and be none the worse for it.

And great LP.
I never got myself to finish the optional stuff so its great to finally see it done.

competently.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Yeah pure gold is about as close to totally inert as a non-exotic metal can get.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Which is one of the reason it is used so much industrially. It is so inert that it highly resists corrosion.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That way of fighting Large Fry blew my mind. I'm pretty sure I never thought of that (I gave up trying to get all the missions before trying very hard).

WCL
Dec 26, 2008

NYAAAH-AH-AH!
Thank you for showcasing this gem,

Quality entertainment and skillful playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Samizdata posted:

Which is one of the reason it is used so much industrially. It is so inert that it highly resists corrosion.

Not to mention why gold teeth are a thing.

Anyway, thanks for showing off this game.

• Locked thread