Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC

ExtremeODD posted:

Nitro yellow green Neon

That color rocks, now I want a Neon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
My Charger is red. I like it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Red cars loving rule. Go gently caress yourself with a cactus if you disagree

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I's just occurred to me that I've never even owned a red car. I had a metallic red Chrysler 300M in my name for a couple months because my now-ex GF didn't have her license quite yet but found the car for a too-good-to-wait deal, but that doesn't count.
I had a coppery-ish poo poo brown third-gen Camaro though, that was a pretty awful color.

PhoenixWing
Feb 13, 2012

Cherry red pearl is an amazing colour and I wont hear anyone say otherwise :colbert:

DoLittle posted:

Red can be the correct color:

The only problem is that on all old red cars the paint is faded as hell. For some reason, red seems particularly prone to fade.

Mine starts to look faded after a year or so, but, one day with a rotary and it looks brand new again :dance: Single stage paint is wonderful to work with.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I'd like to point out that Cat Terrist posted this:

Cat Terrist posted:

After someone posted this:

NTT posted:

Red looks good on Lancias too.

Is he cured? Has he taken a blow to the head? Been out in the sun too long with his stiffback friends? Am I just trying to wind him up so we get a good rant out of him?

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

Lightbulb Out posted:

I have a red car. It owns. Deal with it haters.

What's up red e30 on koseis buddy. :hfive:

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

PhoenixWing posted:

Cherry red pearl is an amazing colour and I wont hear anyone say otherwise :colbert:

Mine starts to look faded after a year or so, but, one day with a rotary and it looks brand new again :dance: Single stage paint is wonderful to work with.

I also have a dark red Datsun.

I love dark reds.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
I used to have a red car and it was pretty awesome. :colbert:

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

angryhampster posted:

I also have a dark red Datsun.

I love dark reds.

Oh yeah, my dad owns an Expedition of that shade.

ass fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 23, 2014

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

InitialDave posted:

I'd like to point out that Cat Terrist posted this:

After someone posted this:

Is he cured? Has he taken a blow to the head? Been out in the sun too long with his stiffback friends? Am I just trying to wind him up so we get a good rant out of him?

It looks good in red, cant deny that. Still deserves to be carpet bombed for other reasons :D

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
My old dustbuster was red. I didn't really like it at first, but it sort of grew on me.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I'm usually not a fan of red cars, but my wife and I bought a Ford Explorer Sport in the Ruby Red Metallic and the car has really grown on me. It's primarily her vehicle so she picked the color. We get lots of compliments on it. I think it's the red and black combination that sets it off. The F150's in the FX trim with the Ruby Red/Black trim look sharp as hell as well.

Obviously not my car but this is what it looks like

BTW if you don't like Ferrari Red there is something wrong in your brain and you should get it checked out.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Cat Terrist posted:

All brightly-colored vehicles own, especially if they're obnoxiously bright. I prefer red or orange, but Ford's "Grabber Blue" is a good choice, too.

That said, my car is silver and I can see the benefit. It literally blends in and doesn't grab the attention of cops, which is nice. I'd still rather have it be colorful, though.

Petekill
May 14, 2005

Where's Hammond?
Well I'll call him!

Great Beer posted:

I like my red RX-8.

gently caress yeah, Velocity Red Mica. Mine looks gorgeous in the sun when it's clean.

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010
I just bought the reddest of the red genesis coupe

I like it so OP get bent !

I prefer black but not since moving to texas so much

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Wheeee posted:

But that is a small car, red owns on small cars.

Fat red cars just look swollen.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Reds are the only colors that go to poo poo worse in Arizona than black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST

KozmoNaut posted:

All brightly-colored vehicles own, especially if they're obnoxiously bright. I prefer red or orange, but Ford's "Grabber Blue" is a good choice, too.
My buddy just finished painting his Integra grabber blue. Makes people go "oh what the gently caress" every time.

• Locked thread