Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

The most horrendous paint ever applied to a vehicle, it was a one-year color on the already kinda wtf-looking Pontiac Vibe.

They called it Envy, likely because the any car wearing it envies cars with non-awful paint. And I secretly wish my Vibe was that color

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Terrible Robot posted:

Umm these colors own unironically.

It's a love/hate thing for me. Envy is also one of those colors that's tough to nail with a picture, it's even better/worse in person (and much less comparable to the Fiesta color everyone's always going on about). The cool/dumb thing about it is it makes grey cladding look better, the ones in that color with body-colored cladding look like poo poo.
Mine's gunmetal grey with non-bodycolored cladding v:v:v

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

Also, all hail the Best Worst Color of all time:

Wow, it's like.... Caramel Creme Baby-poo poo

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I think red also shows oxidation more prominently than other colors, it's a common thing on base/clear paint as well.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I's just occurred to me that I've never even owned a red car. I had a metallic red Chrysler 300M in my name for a couple months because my now-ex GF didn't have her license quite yet but found the car for a too-good-to-wait deal, but that doesn't count.
I had a coppery-ish poo poo brown third-gen Camaro though, that was a pretty awful color.

• Locked thread