Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
About to head out to Argentina and Iran. There have been quite a few fights between Argentinians and Brazilians, and I hear a lot more police sirens this time than in the previous 2 games. There were Argentineans in buses around here who didn't have a hotel lined up and tried to camp overnight on the street. This feels a lot more like a libertadores match than the previous 2 I went to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

joepinetree posted:

About to head out to Argentina and Iran. There have been quite a few fights between Argentinians and Brazilians, and I hear a lot more police sirens this time than in the previous 2 games. There were Argentineans in buses around here who didn't have a hotel lined up and tried to camp overnight on the street. This feels a lot more like a libertadores match than the previous 2 I went to.

post pics from the stands, tia

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Katana Gomai posted:

post pics from the stands, tia

I always do, in the get hyped thread.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
The 2010 World Cup has been so utterly eclipsed by this I have a feral grin every day

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I'm at my local FIFA Fan Zone and the crowd are arriving in their droves

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

The Finn posted:

The 2010 World Cup has been so utterly eclipsed by this I have a feral grin every day

The next WC is going to have a helluva time living up to this (it won't, hold all future WCs in South America IMO)

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Pand posted:

Ich bin gehyped.

Epische Dieserei.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NattyBo posted:

The next WC is going to have a helluva time living up to this (it won't, hold all future WCs in South America IMO)

From the blazing heat of Brazil to the terrible cold of Russia to the nearly unlivable heat of Qatar.

All signs point to Antarctica 2026

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I have returned from my local FIFA Fan Zone with 3 souvenirs, the first of which I am eating now:

Your taste buds will dance when you try The Brazil Burger. The Carnival begins with the patty - tender beef mixed with sweet corn, red kidney beans and capsicum, teamed up with our tangy tomato sauce plus crispy salad mix, served on our unique soccer ball bun. One bite and you'll shoult: "Gooooooaaal!"

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Bogan Krkic posted:

I have returned from my local FIFA Fan Zone with 3 souvenirs, the first of which I am eating now:

Your taste buds will dance when you try The Brazil Burger. The Carnival begins with the patty - tender beef mixed with sweet corn, red kidney beans and capsicum, teamed up with our tangy tomato sauce plus crispy salad mix, served on our unique soccer ball bun. One bite and you'll shoult: "Gooooooaaal!"

that patty looks like the turd after a chili con carne

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I have now moved on to my second souvenir:

For a glorious back of the net treat, score yourself a delicious warm apple, berry and custard pie.

Not so great a description on this one unfortunately

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Bogan Krkic posted:

For a glorious back of the net treat, score yourself a delicious warm apple, berry and custard pie.

well at least this one is indeed coming home

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Teron D Amun posted:

well at least this one is indeed coming home

It's far more delicious than The Brazil Burger and with treats like this I can fully understand why the FIFA Fan Zones, both in Hereford and here, are being taken to so enthusiastically by the general populace

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

Bogan Krkic posted:

Oh I was going to try this, but it fell out of the packaging within seconds of it opening and smashed on the floor revealing that it was in fact devoid of any filling. A waste of time for sure.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Bogan Krkic posted:

I'm hoping that the glorious might of Iran sees that striker of theirs score a goal. The guy with the name I can't pronounce, spell or remember

I have an Iranian-American friend who stayed here from the 70's when it all went to poo poo between Iran and the U.S. He's got the same name, Montazeri as one of the Iran defenders (?). Decided to americanize it to Montez whenever there was all the hate because he was in a public oriented line of work. I told him Montez wasn't exactly upwardly better in this neck of the woods, but w/e.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

pylb posted:

Tis a sad day for UEFA when Germany loses to Ghana.

I'm hoping Ghana gonna regroup and play a brilliant match, but I think their heart is gone already.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Bogan Krkic posted:

I'm hoping that the glorious might of Iran sees that striker of theirs score a goal. The guy with the name I can't pronounce, spell or remember

Goochanedjah or something? When he played in the JPL, everybody just called him Reza.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

beedeebee posted:

Goochanedjah or something? When he played in the JPL, everybody just called him Reza.

Yeah him, he's still got Reza on his shirt but the commentators were really determined to use his long rear end impronounceable name

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

beedeebee posted:

my geeza the reza

It's an iran game lads, and I am loving hype. Carlos Quiroz is gonna make these boys the new Greece. Forget weaponised uranium, they've weaponised throwins.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I've got nigeria in the office sweep and a fiver on greece to be the lowest scoring team so Come On You Super Eagles

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Also Reza is the only loving player on that Iran team that looked like he might score a goal or indeed knew what one was or why it was there

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

noted Dutchman Reez Ghoochannejhad. Sickening when they poach players from other teams imo.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

the sex ghost posted:

I've got nigeria in the office sweep and a fiver on greece to be the lowest scoring team so Come On You Super Eagles

Is there $19 million riding on it?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

las malvinas son....bosnias!!!!!!!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Mr. Mambold posted:

Is there $19 million riding on it?

What is this referring to?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

the sex ghost posted:

a fiver on greece to be the lowest scoring team

gently caress, I didn't know you could bet on that. Money in the bank.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Katana Gomai posted:

you can bet on anything these days

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

ITV are still discussing that martin o'neill putdown from last night, he's now laying some disses on Cannavaro but I think he may have bit off more than he can chew here.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Falkland su bosanski

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

las malvinas son....bosnias!!!!!!!

lol

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

beedeebee posted:

What is this referring to?

Hello Dear Friend in Blessings-

Allow me to introduce myself as the Reverend Dr. Leon Sumbitches, heir to the Adoso Joint Nigerian Oil Trust. It has come to our attention...

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Bogan Krkic posted:

tomorrow this will actually resemble the english mens national team

Saoritficis
Apr 23, 2008
Looking forward to this so very much.

I am abit conflicted though, I actually like Ghana, and might feel abit guilty taking pleasure in watching them get wrecked.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Katana Gomai posted:

Ave a bang on that.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I am super pessimistic, expecting us to botch the second game as usual. Put some money on Ghana y'all, odds are 9/1.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Katana Gomai posted:

I am super pessimistic, expecting us to botch the second game as usual. Put some money on Ghana y'all, odds are 9/1.

I still have full faith in our boys, and I do NOT include Kevin-Prince "Muuh!" Boateng in this.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
How many times have brothers played agaonst each other in the world cup? (Boateng v boateng)

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

iran has stolen portugal's kit

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
All those Iranians kissing in the stadium better not go back to Iran hahah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

hmm stef wijnants is commentating argies - iran so i'm only rooting for the shiites more. this is going to be 90 mins of messi fellatio

• Locked thread