Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
barely been able to catch any of the games this week so quite happy to see some decent teams today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Funky Koval posted:

this is a bad game

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
f
u
c
k

i
r
a
n

i
m
o

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
autism > iran

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
not a pen

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
RACE WAR

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Darth Windu posted:

From the wikipedia on tiki-taka: "Tiki-taka is associated with flair, creativity, and touch,[24] but can also be taken to a "slow, directionless extreme" that sacrifices effectiveness for aesthetics.[22]"

These attributes seem like they would make for a more interesting game - and certainly, I found Argentina's play to be entertaining.

As for the doping thing, Messi has GHD and internet sources seem to agree that he is no longer taking human growth hormone. Given that it was for a legitimate disease, I cannot personally hold it against him without further evidence.

Obviously this does not excuse the rest of Barca.

If I should take this discussion to the newbie thread, I would do so happily. However, that thread seems like a joke and i know enough about football that I don't feel quite at home there.

l m a o

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

vyelkin posted:

um er excuse me *pushes glasses up on nose* i have read a book called "soccernomics" and more than one wikipedia article on football tactics, so let me just say that i'm a big fan of this new style of "tic-tac" football that argentina are playing, now let me give you a quote from my favourite wikipedia entry about how football is played

youre definitely in the right thread not the newbies no sir

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Someone give him a mod challenge to write a zonal markingism about Argentine Tiki Taka.

*adjusts mod badge*

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

that was NOT the only difference. Possession and passing were enormously influential.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Saoritficis posted:

Okay you people have beaten the tiki taka bullshit into the ground and mashed the dead horse to a pile of liquid organic matter by now....

*looks at your post history itt*

i'm so glad we've got you to make important and/or funny contributions during this world cup in 2014

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
hmmm this sure is an interesting sub plot two brothers playing against each otehr

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Darth Windu posted:

Excuse me. I do not believe I said anything worthy of ridicule. I am simply talking about football in a football thread.

I am not in the newbie thread because I know the rules and such of football, I am not a "why is there no quarterback, it is very boring when there are not over 100 points made" typical American. I have casually enjoyed international football since 2009, although i have not kept up and studied it as thoroughly some of you seem to have done.

Thank you for the recommendations. I will not be posting in the newbie thread as of yet, but some of the posts in it are very worth reading, and I am immensely enjoying tbp's post about tiki taka. I can now understand why some of you are not very fond of it.

Lastly, go Germany!

are you trolling or 'special'

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
john boye has great hair

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Darth Windu posted:

I am quite special, but not "special".

dont make me find my big boy trousers

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

7/10

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
germany in white shorts idek

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

poty posted:

if ghana beats germany the us will be qualified with one game to go when they win against portugal tomorrow

if both of these things happen permaban me please

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Sandwolf posted:

uh oh here comes the English contingent to bitch and moan again

please tell me youre another american who identifies as italian because lmao

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
gonna get my postcount shaved into my hir

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
khedra is actually real good

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

blue footed boobie posted:

Ghana looking athletic, intimidating, dangerous.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Darth Windu posted:

Plucky little Ghana[2].

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

nerd death screech posted:

makes me think id prefer if you didnt post

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006